Talk

Advanced search

to go to Turkey and leave DP at home?

(8 Posts)
itsohsoquiet Sun 25-Sep-11 20:45:44

I have recently got back from a 2 week holiday to Turkey with DP.

I have been under a lot of pressure at work this year and always planned to have another short break between now and christmas.

DP is unable to come so I was thinking of asking my mum to come back to Turkey as she has also had a tough year and it would be nice to have a few days where it is just me and her which is quite rare.

DP is pissed off that I would consider going without him but won't really elaborate on it.

AIBU or is he?

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 25-Sep-11 21:40:08

Is your name Shirley? grin

GlitterySkulls Sun 25-Sep-11 21:47:54

well, he can't go, so why shouldn't you?

or will you going make things difficult ie- his working hours, childcare, pets etc?

Mumwithadragontattoo Sun 25-Sep-11 21:52:56

On the face of it YANBU. You need to find out why he doesn't want you to go. If it is just that you'll be having fun when he isn't then it is him that's unreasonable.

itsohsoquiet Sun 25-Sep-11 21:53:48

grin MrsSchadenfreude

No we don't have any kids or pets so it's not that. Don't know if I'm being a meany or if I should put my foot down and tell him I'm going ??

GlitterySkulls Sun 25-Sep-11 21:56:20

maybe he doesn't like you going because it's Turkey?

maybe he thinks you'll run off with a waiter wink grin

itsohsoquiet Sun 25-Sep-11 21:59:22

He did ask earlier 'why Turkey?' and I said 'why not?' to which I got no answer

itsohsoquiet Sun 25-Sep-11 22:00:19

If he doesn't give a valid reason and I can't really think of one then I'll just go ahead and book it I think

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now