Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask my DH to go to the shop now for chocolate?

(32 Posts)
littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:18:58

DH argues we have plain flour self raising flour, eggs, tiny bit of pancake mix cheese and if we raid the packed lunch supply raisins and ham. Also have loads of sugar and fruit. Deal is if I post and nobody can give me a recipe out of that then he will go.

squeakytoy Sun 25-Sep-11 19:20:13

you cant possibly make anything out of that... BUT... if you had chocolate, you could make..

pancakes with choc sauce

squeakytoy Sun 25-Sep-11 19:20:30

or chocolate cake

StrandedBear Sun 25-Sep-11 19:21:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:21:21

Hmmm as I thought it all hinges on the C word.

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:22:19

Hold on friut cookies/scones? explain? is it complicated?

kerrymumbles Sun 25-Sep-11 19:23:29

chocolate really is an essential....

HeadfirstForHalloween Sun 25-Sep-11 19:24:08

Whatever you make it won't be chocolate. It is never unreasonable to send the dh for chocolate, usher him out of the door...

worraliberty Sun 25-Sep-11 19:25:05

Stop faffing about and go buy some yourself? grin

Butterflybows Sun 25-Sep-11 19:26:09

You haven't got any chocolate though! He knows what he has to do! grin

Andrewofgg Sun 25-Sep-11 19:26:28

It is all right to get chocolate even if you have to struggle half-naked and heavily pregnant through the winds and the rain. Chocolate excuses everything.

So does curry.

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sun 25-Sep-11 19:26:46

How is a bunch of ingredients that don't contain chocolate in any way shape or form a decent substitue for a nice big bar of chocolate?

And if you raid the packed lunch supplies to make something pudding-y, he'll still need to go to the shop to replace what he forced you to take. Therefore, homemade pudding is both less yummy and vastly more faff.

<smug because DP just came back from the shop with yummy lemon cheesecake>

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:27:00

Mumbles and Head I hear you. nothing beats it. need to see if Sbear can come up with genuine recipe if not DH is up the shop.

squeakytoy Sun 25-Sep-11 19:29:45

Oh I could come up with plenty of non-choc recipes.. but do you really really want me to... grin

WilsonFrickett Sun 25-Sep-11 19:30:01

All you are going to get out of that little lot is raisin pancakes <boaks>

Ask your DH to pick me up a galaxy while he's there, please smile

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:32:03

Purple you must be in honeymoon period. Lucky you smile Wberty I would go up the shop but I have PMT and am not allowed to mix in public for 48 hours. Deal is by 8pm if a recipe is not found and I quote " loads of people could do somehting with what we have in the cupboard" DH will go out and buy.

StrandedBear Sun 25-Sep-11 19:32:30

PorkChopSter Sun 25-Sep-11 19:35:00

While he's there can he get some bread for me?

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:36:21

Sbear you are killing me! where is your solidarity I have PMT!!!! can you not tell by the prolific use of punctuation and Isspelling?

purplepidjinawoollytangle Sun 25-Sep-11 19:37:28

Coming up for 2 years? Does that count as a "honeymoon"?? grin

Rub 2oz butter into 4oz flour. Beat an egg and mix in. Top up with milk to get a soft dough. Add 2oz fruit, plus 1/2 tsp of any nice spices in the cupboard. Make into cookie shapes and bake at 180 for 10-12 minutes.

Still waaaaaaaaay more hassle than a nice walk up to the shop grin

StrandedBear Sun 25-Sep-11 19:38:22

littlewaltham Sun 25-Sep-11 19:40:07

Ah ha! we have no baking powder I am still in the game recipe wont work. btw did you see the alarming wrinkle repair advert on that scone link? scary!

Chops bread for you (really for you? or Packed lunch?) if I win done.

Maryz Sun 25-Sep-11 19:42:12

Can you give him an easier choice - go to shop or cook something himself. dh would always take the shop choice grin.

Grumpla Sun 25-Sep-11 19:42:16

Well, there are several things you COULD make, but unfortunately they would ALL involve you getting off your bottom. Which if your DH lurrrved you, he would realise is SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE right now.

Ask him if he wouldn't mind picking me up some of those mini spring rolls from the Chinese takeaway, it's next door to the corner shop so not really out of his way. <weird preg craving>

gettingalifenow Sun 25-Sep-11 19:42:19

Struggling to think of any time at which is unresaonable to demand DH goes to buy chocolate! He's just using the recipe thing as a delaying tactic - he should be out there getting chocolate now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now