Talk

Advanced search

to think if you can guess out of the millions of screen names people use on mumsnet

(43 Posts)
babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 16:03:17

who their alternate identities are, you probably spend to much time on mumsnet?

I can only about remember the really shitty one's names and even then sometimes I can't be sure if actually I remember them because they said something nice one time.

VAJAZZLEMYFOOF Sun 25-Sep-11 18:37:45

Are you mitmoo ?

FabbyChic Sun 25-Sep-11 18:38:56

I have no alternative identity. This is my only ID I have, it's a what you see is what you get ID. I'm like marmite you either love me or loathe me.

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 18:40:27

No I'm not mitmoo either! I don't use an alternative identity at all as such. I just change change names every so often but only use one at a time, don't to and fro between names iyswim

AtYourCervix Sun 25-Sep-11 18:41:24

i have loads but tend to use them in chunks, like dairymilk, not at the same time. i usually announce i have changed but neither know nor care if people spend sad hours working out who i once was.

AtYourCervix Sun 25-Sep-11 18:41:54

see. fabby is marmite, I am dairy milk.

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 18:43:14

I am like carrots nice occasionally but you rarely consider them!

Proudnscary Sun 25-Sep-11 18:43:27

Ha ha ha at Vajazzle!

GypsyMoth Sun 25-Sep-11 18:43:27

How much time is 'probably too much time on mumsnet'

Over time you get a feel for the Place......even if just here for half an hour a day. So you are wrong

Very wrong

garlicnutty Sun 25-Sep-11 18:44:30

If we're doing food-alike nicknames ... wink

ShowOfHands Sun 25-Sep-11 18:45:02

People email me when I namechange to tell me they recognise me. I'm ridiculously predictable you see. It's my failing, not theirs.

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 18:47:13

I've been on mumsnet for a few years and on for more than a half hour a day. I definitely couldn't tel you who was who or who has named changed because as much as I enjoy wasting time on here it really isn't that important and I don't go drawing diagrams and making charts and speadsheets

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 18:48:18

SOH why do they email you, is it to be like 'you've been outed' lika bad thing. Or just they are pleased with themselves?

MartyrStewart Sun 25-Sep-11 18:50:02

It depends on how you think though. I could probably state a fact or two about loads of posters, but that's just how my mind works.

I am however, rubbish at maths.

noyouhavehadawee Sun 25-Sep-11 18:51:08

is it really that easy to do - do you knwo who i once was? do you actually care who i was / is am as well grin

GypsyMoth Sun 25-Sep-11 18:51:21

Well that's just you personally op.....

ShowOfHands Sun 25-Sep-11 18:52:03

They're just friends, emailing and mentioning it.

babynamesgrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 25-Sep-11 18:53:53

martyrstew but could you figure them out after a name change? something about it smacks of stalking for me

SuePurblybilt Sun 25-Sep-11 18:54:22

You're clearly right OP. Why, oh why, can't we be more like you?

MitWho Sun 25-Sep-11 18:55:11

Mwahaha, can anyone guess who I am? grin

GetAwayFromHerYouBitch Sun 25-Sep-11 18:55:51

I'm on here a lot (less so, recently), but I'd have no idea if someone had name changed, except if they have a <ahem> unique posting style.

MitWho Sun 25-Sep-11 18:55:53

Dammit, didnt change my tag!! grin am an idiot!! grin

TrillianAstra Sun 25-Sep-11 18:56:47

There aren't millions.

And if you go on the same sorts of threads you will encounter the same people again and again, no matter what name they are using.

MartyrStewart Sun 25-Sep-11 18:56:50

Sometimes babynames, more likely if they nc on a theme. Or if they post about a particular topic lots - a recent namechanger in The Doghouse springs to mind. But I spend a lot of time on that section, so it is easier to clock than JoeBloggs changing to SparklyNewName.

I'm me, if i change my name it will still contain hardhat, so long as no trolls decide to embark on this name I feel i'll be safe. As for recognising other names, who are you lot? I thought I was here on my own! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now