Talk

Advanced search

To not give a fiddlers fart

(14 Posts)
NorfolkNChance Sun 25-Sep-11 15:53:08

Who Mitmoo has been posting as and surely all these threads are getting in the way of the usual bollocks intellectual debate on AIBU?

Or have I just added to them?

Bugger.

FagAshLill Sun 25-Sep-11 16:04:25

What have I missed?

ihatecbeebies Sun 25-Sep-11 16:52:14

Who is Mitmoo?

usualsuspect Sun 25-Sep-11 16:55:13

I'm bored with it now

Feminine Sun 25-Sep-11 16:59:38

I'm still not Mitmoo.

LineRunner Sun 25-Sep-11 17:02:34

I'm interested inasmuchas I don't want MN permitting multiple identities being used simultaneously by one poster - who can then post 'together' on a thread as a fake consensus, or post a false group opinion very rapidly and very forcefully.

That's not in the spirit of the MN I joined.

On advice talk boards, it could be pretty horrible, if a person were asking for advice about an unwanted pregnancy, say.

So amidst the tomfluffery, there is a serious point.

usualsuspect Sun 25-Sep-11 17:06:15

Plenty of posters have multiple names though ,its the nature of forums where nc is as easy as it is on MN

not much you can do about it tbh

NorfolkNChance Sun 25-Sep-11 17:09:25

I had 2 names for a bit when my last account went haywire but I deleted my old name once I transferred to this one.

I have my festive name obviously but it is clearly me.

I just smacks of one of those spiteful girls in the playground stirring up nonsense and then running to teacher.

usualsuspect Sun 25-Sep-11 17:11:06

Best thing for--trolls--posters like MItmoo is to ignore them

usualsuspect Sun 25-Sep-11 17:11:43

strike out fail

LineRunner Sun 25-Sep-11 17:13:22

Agreed, usualsupect, and most people don't misuse that facility but use it reasonably and wisely and for a bit of harmless fun.

I think the suggestion on a very long thread last night and today is that someone has misused it for all the wrong reasons.

Which would be sad.

pippilongsmurfing Sun 25-Sep-11 17:25:58

It seems a bit not in the spirit of things to post as two people to prove some kind of point though.

Namechanging so you don't out yourself in RL, or cos it's something embarrassing, or just cos you fancied a change is totally different.

And I'm still not Mitmoo.

usualsuspect Sun 25-Sep-11 17:28:59

Do you really think people don't NC to troll ?

Of course they do ,not nice ,no, but a fact of life if you use internet forums

ihatecbeebies Sun 25-Sep-11 19:54:10

I don't see the point in have more than one account confused, if you know people in RL and want to talk about something private then name change but what is the point in more than one account?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now