Talk

Advanced search

First Dance Fiasco.......

(72 Posts)
Sewmuchtodo Sun 25-Sep-11 13:34:36

DSis and DBIL to be are having a great debate over what they want for their first dance when they get married soon.........DSis wants something soppy and DBIL to be wants something 'funky' (although I have no idea what that may be).

So this got me thinking.......AIBU to ask what did you and your DH or DW dance to at your wedding? DH and I had 'Sunday morning by Maroon 5.

cunexttuesonline Sun 25-Sep-11 13:36:23

Have I told you lately, by the legend that is Rod Stewart wink

PomBearAtTheGatesOfDawn Sun 25-Sep-11 13:37:31

I've never danced with my DH, not once, in all our years together feels all sad and maudlin now
I think the one I like best from my friends first dances was when two of my favourite people had Nothing Else Matters by Metallica - it was lovely grin

YellowDave Sun 25-Sep-11 13:37:45

Wanksock I would have had that one if we had a first dance!

Dh is very selfconcious about being centre of attention (and I wasn't bothered either way) so we didn't.

squeakytoy Sun 25-Sep-11 13:38:08

We had Lonestars "Amazed".. but at other weddings we have been to, the couple have started off with something really funky, and then it has mixed into a slower number, so they can always have the best of both.

lazarusb Sun 25-Sep-11 13:38:22

We had 'Nothing Else Matters' by Metallica. Which most of our guests disapproved of..."Why not pick something nice by Boyzone? Everyone will know that"...type comments grin We stuck to our guns though!

soverylucky Sun 25-Sep-11 13:39:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cryhavoc Sun 25-Sep-11 13:41:14

We had The Wonder of You by Elvis.

lollilou Sun 25-Sep-11 13:42:05

We had 'one and one' by Robert Miles. Very upbeat and fast but we met at a nightclub and we love that song.

marriednotdead Sun 25-Sep-11 13:42:07

We had Al Green- Let's stay together. I was so self concious as I am a crap dancer, we just slowly shuffled round. I'm cringing just thinking about it and if I hear it now, I switch radio stations!

NinkyNonker Sun 25-Sep-11 13:42:26

We had 'my first, my last, my everything' by good old Barry White.

foodgloriousfood Sun 25-Sep-11 13:42:27

We had a ceilidh so our 'first dance' was effectively us galloping down the centre of the set with all our family and friends clapping! Was perfect!

kiwijesta Sun 25-Sep-11 13:43:15

We had Someone like you by Van Morrison. I wanted Everything by Michael Buble but got vetoed by DH

caesar04 Sun 25-Sep-11 13:49:49

We had "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" by Andy Williams.

Was in a Vegas wedding chapel and everyone joined in on....

I LOVE YOU BABY AND IF ITS QUITE ALL RIGHT I NEED YOU BABY etc..

Caps are necessary to illustrate how it was drunkenly shouted sung!!

grin

<have just outed myself to any RL friends>

fluffles Sun 25-Sep-11 13:52:24

we had a ceilidh and did a gay gordens as our first dance - my pregnant friend was almost in tears as she found 'the skipping and twirling' the most romantic thing she'd ever seen hmm

MiseryBusiness Sun 25-Sep-11 13:54:23

We had the goo goo dolls, Iris

I know someone who had the elton john song from the lion king, can you feel the love or something like that - she likes disney!

Salmotrutta Sun 25-Sep-11 13:54:27

D'you know what? I can't actually remember blush but it might have been some bog-standard traditional thing that was done at that time e.g. Anniversary Waltz or whatever.
Which was sort of the "norm" back then.
In fairness it was nearly 30 years ago <failing memory emoticon>

RantyMcRantpants Sun 25-Sep-11 13:57:24

Ours was Love is all around by Wet, Wet, Wet. DH still knows the only person I'd ever leave him for is Marti grin

hadagutsfull Sun 25-Sep-11 14:00:31

married we had Al Green too - I love that song! I was still in my wedding dress but DH was in jeans & shirt by then ...

RebelFromTheWaistDown Sun 25-Sep-11 14:02:21

Let's Stick Together by Roxy Music- very appropriate!

LikeACandleButNotQuite Sun 25-Sep-11 14:03:37

Ray Lamontagne - You Are The Best Thing

AKissIsNotAContract Sun 25-Sep-11 14:03:50

When you say DBIL wants something funky I can't help picturing this

Becaroooo Sun 25-Sep-11 14:04:08

Love is all around by Wet Wet Wet.

notsofastmrbond Sun 25-Sep-11 14:04:28

We have all the time in the World, louis armstrong.

Cheesey but love it.

ningthemerciless Sun 25-Sep-11 14:06:37

Not wedding but at our anniversary party - Sweet child of mine by GnR.

The only song we can ever agree on...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now