Talk

Advanced search

To think that working mums are the devil's spawn?

(231 Posts)
Proudnscary Sun 25-Sep-11 11:23:20

<Whistles>

AgentZigzag Sun 25-Sep-11 11:24:55

As are mums who choose to feed their babies formula.

Country - rack and ruin.

wantadvice Sun 25-Sep-11 11:25:09

You seem lovely. hmm

donthateme Sun 25-Sep-11 11:25:21

YABU because you forgot to put 'mums' in capital letters, to emphasise the fact that if 'you have a vagina you're not supposed to work innit !!

worraliberty Sun 25-Sep-11 11:25:44

Fat Mums who wear leggings are what's wrong with this country

Marlinspike Sun 25-Sep-11 11:26:05

bet they all read the Daily Mail as well.

StealthPolarBear Sun 25-Sep-11 11:26:21

yes especially those working mothers who use nurseries, which are just big baby factories. Only topped by the ones who use childminers - CMs are surely just people who want to sit on their arses all day watching Jeremy Kyle and smoking faaags while the browbeaten children do their washing and hoovering.

Proudnscary Sun 25-Sep-11 11:26:39

And give their dc fruit shoots obvs.

Look that other thread is ridic beyond belief so I am being an annoying twat subverting and derailing it, man.

NorfolkNChance Sun 25-Sep-11 11:27:10

I am the very arse gravy of Satan not only a working Mum but also a money-grabbing-gold-plated-according-to-the-DM-pension-working-9-3-13-weeks-holiday-a-year-anyone-can-do-my-job teacher.

Do your worst grin

StealthPolarBear Sun 25-Sep-11 11:27:32

mums should think of this before they choose to have babies and not have babies unless they are prepared to spend the rest of THEIR NATURAL LIVES caring and attending to their needs 100%. After all it's the least you can do to share in those precious moments.

AgentZigzag Sun 25-Sep-11 11:28:23

I browbeat my DD.

Teaching her how to do all the housework is for her own good.

Proudnscary Sun 25-Sep-11 11:29:11

Stealth - AMEN.

You see...

I just feel sorry for the children

Big fake sigh

HoneyPablo Sun 25-Sep-11 11:29:15

YABU
You don't have any exclaimation marks in your title.

donthateme Sun 25-Sep-11 11:30:16

Agree stealthpolar- in fact the only thing id add is that its imperative that the father fucks off out to work for at least 20 hours out of 24 to a) finance the situation you describe and b) to avoid building a relationship with his kids lest it encroach on the mama's precious moments grin

TrillianAstra Sun 25-Sep-11 11:30:27

YABU, this should be in Going Back to Work with the title just saying "DON'T". grin

StealthPolarBear Sun 25-Sep-11 11:31:33

ooh is this a thread about a thread? Is everyone else not entirely serious?
You nest of dafty trousers, making me say all that angry
Go on, what other thread?

pozzled Sun 25-Sep-11 11:31:51

YANBU. I couldn't care less about my kids, I only had them so I could sit in Costa drinking coffee on my maternity leave. As soon as I'm back at work I'll make sure I only see them for 1/2 hour each weekday, and farm them out to the Grandparents or Aunties every weekend. The nursery/school can do the job of raising them.

TandB Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:25

[weeps]

YABU. Thank you for caring about my child more than I do and opening my eyes to the fundamental neglectfulness of my actions. I just hope it's not too late.

[clings to OP's ankle in an orgy of gratitude]

motherinferior Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:32

YY, why have children if you're just going to hand them over to someone else, eh?

Do what you like, obviously, I'm not criticising you, each to their own and all that, but really I'm just thinking of the poor little baybees.

WoodBetweenTheWorlds Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:33

Yeah, those baby farms are responsible for all of the world's problems

TandB Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:47

YANBU I mean.

[weeps some more]

norriscoleforpm Sun 25-Sep-11 11:33:54

I'm one of those working types too, sad I know it's wrong, I know I should never have let my 21 year old off the breast, and in fact should be tandem feeding them all still.... but I just must have had some mental breakdown or something that led me to abandon them. I can't believe I'm 'coming out' so honestly....And, I have to confess, the children's father was, for five years a stay-at-home-dad Am I the winner?

motherinferior Sun 25-Sep-11 11:35:00

They're only little for oooh, five years. Plus obviously the other few five years or so if you are a Proper Mummy and have more. What's a decade or two of precious moments compared to the cold, hard-hearted workplace, eh?

StealthPolarBear Sun 25-Sep-11 11:37:32

norris. No doubt your child will be OK. THIS TIMEry not to fret too much, just the appropriate amount to make sure you are properly subservient from now on.

StealthPolarBear Sun 25-Sep-11 11:38:39

Can we move on to those evil, scrouging, low-intelligent, poor role mole SAHMs yet? Scrounging off their DHs / the state / us tax payers to drag their snotty nosed brats into posh restaurants where there are real people trying to ahve a meal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now