Talk

Advanced search

to approach my neighbour about his snot-rockets?

(30 Posts)
StinkyWeimaraner Sat 24-Sep-11 12:45:55

I live in a nice quiet area and from my kitchen I can see directly into my neighbour's front garden. I spend half my life in my kitchen and he seems to spend half his life in his garden.

The problem with snot-rockets is they happen so quickly I don't have time to look away and quite frankly it makes me feel gippy especially if I am eating. I am pregnant so can live without even more reason to feel nauseous.

We have a very harmonious neighbourhood so I would need to be delicate/humourous if I did go through with it. I know you should choose your battles but seriously, do I just have to accept this revolting habit? How would you approach this?

Flisspaps Sat 24-Sep-11 12:52:26

Snot Rocket?

Ilovedaintynuts Sat 24-Sep-11 12:56:12

You need to explain snot-rockets.

Pancakeflipper Sat 24-Sep-11 12:57:16

Is this spitting muscus out? if so move house. It's the only resolution.

There is a man on our street who gets the same bus as me early Tuesday morning to work. He hacks and spits onto the pavement. I felt so sick that I now walk to the other bus stop that is a 7 min walk away. He must think I am bonkers as I often walk past him to get to other bus stop.

SarahStratton Sat 24-Sep-11 12:57:20

<lurks>

Bramshott Sat 24-Sep-11 12:59:27

Get nets.

StealthPolarBear Sat 24-Sep-11 13:02:01

Are they tissues in your garden?

Ilovedaintynuts Sat 24-Sep-11 13:03:21

Aaaah. I spent a month in Pakistan. Don't go there if you don't like snot-rockets.
I would stop looking out the window or get some blinds/nets. His garden, his snot.

<heave>

StinkyWeimaraner Sat 24-Sep-11 13:03:31

The act of occluding one nostril by pressing it whilst expelling snot from other nostril, at high velocity. Yetch.

SarahStratton Sat 24-Sep-11 13:06:04

OMG that is disgusting. Trellis and something fast growing so you can't see him?

StealthPolarBear Sat 24-Sep-11 13:13:36

Yes but presumably threy don't travel metres through the air and hit her, do they? confused

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Sat 24-Sep-11 13:15:24

Voiles/net curtains and a really large ornament/vase of twigs/pebbly shit?

Bonsai?

Aquarium?

StinkyWeimaraner Sat 24-Sep-11 13:16:39

Not been hit by one yet, but still bloody gross. Might buy him some hankies for Christmas. subtle

worraliberty Sat 24-Sep-11 13:18:26

It's disgusting but you're not the snot rocket police

If he was snotting out on your property then fine but he's not so YABU.

pigletmania Sat 24-Sep-11 13:20:05

If I do that its in private in the bathroom.

StinkyWeimaraner Sat 24-Sep-11 13:28:22

Nets wouldn't work with wooden blinds, but I do like the aquarium idea, still lets light into my room. Hmmm.

cadelaide Sat 24-Sep-11 13:30:18

I just couldn't live next to that.

Makes me heave.

Deeply unhelpful, sorry.

cadelaide Sat 24-Sep-11 13:30:45

yes, a trellis and sweet-smelling climbers.

MurunBuchstansangur Sat 24-Sep-11 13:36:41

<flashes ID>

MurunBuchstansangur, snot rocket dept. We've had complaints about high velocity mucous in this area...

grin

It is absolutely revolting but TBH what can you do? Buy him a spitoon? I'd be constructing a fucking massive fence. Filthy bastard.

HerHissyness Sat 24-Sep-11 13:50:33

I lived in egypt. they ALL seemed to that, seemingly men AND women <vom>

That and the clearing of the smokers throat...

RE VOL TING

ineedabodytransplant Sat 24-Sep-11 13:56:42

is he a footballer?

I fecking hate MOTD when they do that. Especially as considering MOTD is a programme of edited highlights and they could realise that I don't want to see some overpaid nancy boy spitting/swearing/picking his nose/the above snot-rockets.

And as for showing frigging Alex Ferguson chewing that same old poxy chewing gumangry

and this is from a football loving bloke. Love football, just can't stand the 'poofters' who fall over in a slight breeze

HengshanRoad Sat 24-Sep-11 14:17:43

Never come to China! Spit-rockets are a part of life here. It's VILE. It starts with a low rumble in the throat, then escalates to a rip-roar of a hawk, followed by a staggeringly fast projectile of goo onto the pavement. I have been woken on several occasions by the noise of hawking from the lane below. I live on the sixth floor...

MuthaInsuperior Sat 24-Sep-11 14:19:13

pmsl @ Snot Rockets

((writes down phrase for future use))

SuePurblybilt Sat 24-Sep-11 14:21:09

I would move. I hate people even blowing their nose in public (vile habit imo), the snot rocket would tip me over the edge.
Or you could kill him <helpful>

belledechocchipcookie Sat 24-Sep-11 14:37:49

We must share neighbours, mine was hacking up shit off his chest and spitting it outside. I had a word, he blamed his son hmm It's stopped now (thank goodness). Just tell him that you can hear him do this, it's disgusting and he should be ashamed. This did the trick here smile I feel your pain, it's worse then gross.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now