Talk

Advanced search

I can't bail on a friend AGAIN can I?

(11 Posts)
MuthaInsuperior Sat 24-Sep-11 09:04:25

Ages ago my friend expressed a wish to go and see The Inbetweeners movie. I've never actually seen the program (not my cup of tea!) but she was feeling a little down as her boyfriend is currenly overseas with the army and he would normally have gone with her. So I said I'd go and see it. The first date we had arranged was a bit of a nightmare with me for kids/money etc so I cancelled. She was good about it and said we'd just arrange it for another time. So we arranged it for tonight and make a night of it with a few bars etc (kids at their dads so I am totally free!). However I really don't want to go sad I started Uni last week and I'm tired, stressed out and skint (bursary not sorted yet). I'm living on a loan which I'm sure I shouldn't be spending on cinema and alcohol! I'd love just to relax tonight whilst the kids are away. Plus there's the faff of getting there (public transport) and what to wear (I genuinely don't have anything to wear and no decent shoes or anything) I SO don't want to go.
But if I cancel on her AGAIN it's going to cause problems isn't it? sad just wish I'd never agreed to it.

Finallygotaroundtoit Sat 24-Sep-11 09:06:29

If you consider yourself her friend - go

NinkyNonker Sat 24-Sep-11 09:08:31

I think it would cause issues yes. I understand how you feel, but if she is important to you I think you should go. You may enjoy it!
s

ZonkedOut Sat 24-Sep-11 09:09:25

Why not just go to the cinema and skip the drinks bit of it? Explain that you don't have money for alcohol or anything nice to wear for bars. Or you might find that once you go out, you enjoy it more than you expected to, and it might do you good to let your hair down!

Sam100 Sat 24-Sep-11 09:10:45

You should go to the film but explain you are a bit skint and can't afford a big night out afterwards. Maybe you can meet at hers/yours for a meal and wine first or after to make more of an evening of it?

CalamityKate Sat 24-Sep-11 09:12:47

I'd be pissed off if you were my friend and you cancelled again.

MuthaInsuperior Sat 24-Sep-11 09:14:00

I know, I'm going to have to go. Wish I'd learn to plan my time more carefully lol

Shutupanddrive Sat 24-Sep-11 09:26:11

Why not rearrange it slightly? Invite her round to yours for a DVD and some wine?

MuthaInsuperior Sat 24-Sep-11 09:27:57

Well I've just spoken to her and she's so excited I just can't do it so we're still going smile Rearranged slightly so that we're drinking much closer to home and going out earlier - no need for taxis etc!

coccyx Sat 24-Sep-11 09:28:14

No shoes??? just go to the movie

WorzselMummage Sat 24-Sep-11 09:37:32

You should give the inbetweeners a chance, it's hilarious!

Glad your going out, I expect your friend really appreciates it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now