Talk

Advanced search

to want a day off?

(7 Posts)
LeoTheLateBloomer Sat 24-Sep-11 07:50:58

I'm so tired I can't think or see straight.

I've had a shocking headache for almost 2 weeks now.

I have a DD who's teething and a labrador who needs walking.

I can't remember the last time I had a decent night's sleep.

I've got no one who can do it all for me.

<wallows in self pity>

MittzyTheVixen Sat 24-Sep-11 07:54:36

Awwww Leo, bless you, YANBU and sound like you really deserve a day off.

Can you have a duvet day?
And a garden the dog can get fresh air in just for one day?

I would walk your dog for you if you were close enough (( ))

LeoTheLateBloomer Sat 24-Sep-11 08:30:01

Thanks Mittzy. Actually the dog is really good and very patient.

Unfortunately DD won't leave me in peace for even a duvet minute let alone a day!

ZonkedOut Sat 24-Sep-11 09:01:41

A headache which lasts for 2 weeks isn't normal, you should she a doctor about that.

As for the rest, I have 2 small children so I know where you're coming from. Sometimes you just want to be mothered yourself. Do you have a DP or family who can support you and help you have some time off? If not, maybe you could contact Home Start and see if they can help. Or talk to your HV and see if she has any suggestions.

sunshineandbooks Sat 24-Sep-11 09:31:04

Oh poor you. sad

The headache is almost certainly due to tiredness and stress. Do you not have a friend who could take DD out for a day to give you a chance to sleep?

If not, call your HV. Despite govt cuts, there is still some help available to people like you, depending on where you live (the more urban you are, the greater likelihood of you getting help sooner rather than later). At the very least, this is one of those occasions where the HV may recommend you giving your teething DD pain-relief with a sedative, so that she sleeps through for a few nights and allows you to catch up on sleep. The (tiny) risks to her are far, far outweighed by the benefits of having a refreshed mother who feels able to cope.

I sympathise. This stage is so, so hard if you have no help. I hope you feel better soon. smile

LeoTheLateBloomer Sat 24-Sep-11 09:31:20

Hi Zonked. I think I will make a doctor's appointment next week if it doesn't improve.

I've not got any local support or OH to help. Sorry, just feeling sorry for myself!

Got the rugby on now so trying to educate DD a bit!

LeoTheLateBloomer Sat 24-Sep-11 09:32:26

X-post sunshine. Thank you smile

Will contact HV next week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now