Talk

Advanced search

To expect to be picked up at 4.30 when I've arranged to be picked up at 4.30

(12 Posts)
ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:34:58

Earlier in the week I argued in a thread that just because a man was late for a couple of dates, that was no reason to dump him altogether.

I TAKE IT BACK - DUMP THE LOSER

Twatfeatures DP was supposed to pick me up from work over an hour ago to negotiate a rush hour journey up the M1 to get to the airport 100 miles away in time to meet my best friend off an overseas flight. I'm still here. He's "on his way"

AARRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Yourefired Fri 23-Sep-11 17:41:58

YANBU to be pissed off with this here tardiness. He owes you and your mate a good bottle of wine. You tell him that from me.

Springyknickersohnovicars Fri 23-Sep-11 17:43:15

Your partner is driving 100 miles to pick up your best friend and back again and you're whinging after picking you up from work? Sounds like a top bloke to me or perhaps I've dated too many selfish losers

ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:43:35

Will do. I'll tell him he's fired too.

ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:45:17

haha when you put it like that, springy grin. Actually, we're both working away from home today quite near to eachother so he'd had to have done the journey anyway, so he's not actually being inconvenienced whatsoever...

ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:47:40

And we live near the airport.

IABU for not telling him to pick me up at 3.30 as I should know better by now that he operates in GMT+1

Springyknickersohnovicars Fri 23-Sep-11 17:48:24

Has he phoned you with a reason why he is late?

purpleturtletoise Fri 23-Sep-11 17:49:34

Pedant alert: We're on GMT +1 anyway (BST)

Springyknickersohnovicars Fri 23-Sep-11 17:49:44

It reminds me of GMT Greek Maybe Time. It's not a hanging offence, definately put the clocks back an hour for him in future. I'd put it down to lesson learned.

ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:50:47

Apparently waiting to finish what he was doing at work, then stuck in traffic. I had to phone him though. Now 1hr20mins late.

ViviPru Fri 23-Sep-11 17:52:18

heheh tortoise I did deliberate over +1 and -1.

Springy You'd have thought I'd have learned my lesson 8 years ago when he was 3 hours late for our first date.

LineRunner Fri 23-Sep-11 17:54:56

God, that's fantastic pedantry, purple. smile

Anyway OP I agree you and your mate are owed wine, but I would measure it by the crateful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now