Talk

Advanced search

to think that the "keep" function on your sky plus box should prevent you from deleting it?!

(11 Posts)
champagnesupernova Fri 23-Sep-11 16:16:04

I have a whole stash of DS1s fave programme recorded.
I pay that fucker Murdoch a lot for the privilege of doing this.
But I have just discovered you can delete a whole bookmark of 20 progs in one key press
EVEN though all of the progs inside are marked as "Keep" - ie do not delete
I am so sad and angry

Pinot Fri 23-Sep-11 16:19:11

I am confused (happens often, fear not).

My "keep" function is 4 digit password protected, so if I want to either cancel the keep function or delete the kept programme, I have to enter the 4 digit password.

The only thing I've kept is when I was in the audience on Strictly Come Dancing and I was above Bruno's ear every time they scored <proud> <loser>

Is your not like that then? Ours is Sky+HD if it makes any diff?

valiumredhead Fri 23-Sep-11 16:21:16

Mine says 'Are you sure you want to delete this ?' ( or something like that!) you definitely can't delete it by mistake.

champagnesupernova Fri 23-Sep-11 16:22:22

<swoon> at being in the audience at Strictly. I used to live near Bruno and saw him q regularly at the dry cleaners.
I digress

Mine is not p/w protected. We have Sky+HD too
Is that in settings?
Thanks for help
DS is bereft

purpleturtletoise Fri 23-Sep-11 16:23:19

My Sky+ box definitely checks before deleting something I've 'kept'.

champagnesupernova Fri 23-Sep-11 16:23:53

Valium - mine says that if you try to delete one prog that has the K on it
but I just deleted the whole Bookmark with 20 eps inside.
sad

Minus273 Fri 23-Sep-11 16:24:29

When I had Sky and you tried to delete something it flashed up on the screen 'are you sure you want to delete, please confirm'

Pinot Fri 23-Sep-11 16:24:56

I think it may well be in Settings - I have a 12 y/o DS1 who is a PITA with deleting my crap telly and filling it with yawnsome trash about cars and, err, well cars.

I luffs Bruno muchly - I am envy at your casual meetings at the cleaners. Len is my fave though - he is a LEGEND.

As you were smile

champagnesupernova Fri 23-Sep-11 16:27:20

Oh yes Len is a legend. he was on desert island discs recently and I didn't think it was possible to heart him more than I did but after listening to it I do.
Off to fix settings

Pinot Fri 23-Sep-11 16:35:25

<feels a bond brewing>

ipswichwitch Fri 23-Sep-11 18:00:38

dont get me started on sky +
you'd think that if you press record then series link to record the whole damn series it would actually do that. oh no. that would be far to sensible. mine just picks and chooses what bloody episodes to record so i have to spend ages faffing on internet trying to download missing episodes which are always the ones that nobody on the whole entire world wide web has bothered to post on. al have to just buy the dvd. gah!!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now