Talk

Advanced search

to be suprised

(12 Posts)
pootros Fri 23-Sep-11 12:22:48

when it's taken 4 hours to be half ready to go away for weekend? and I still have to walk the dog. drive during morning nap time? in my DREAMS

worraliberty Fri 23-Sep-11 12:24:45

Errrm only you can answer that really?

zingzillachinchilla Fri 23-Sep-11 12:27:36

If you are in such a rush, what's with the posting on AIBU??

HTH

pootros Fri 23-Sep-11 12:39:00

prior to baby - 1/2 hr to get ready to go away. ok worraliberty - am suprised. now stuck bf watching qt with justine on to destress.
baby is 4 mo now - can manage a weekly routine cleaning, baby classes walking dog etc, but anything out of ordinary requires military precision in planning.
anyone else felt ready for baby, knowing it would change your life but been suprised/gobsmacked by just how much you have to rethink your day to day?

pootros Fri 23-Sep-11 12:41:07

zingzillachinchilla - google mapping & bf. what's hth?

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Fri 23-Sep-11 12:46:28

Pootros hth=hope this helps

Yanbu. I am still shocked at how long it now takes to get reasy to go away for a night/weekend with ds. Soooo much paraphanalia(sp).just be glad your dc is not on solids yet, yet more gumf to prepare, and forget pack

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Fri 23-Sep-11 12:46:54

*ready

pootros Fri 23-Sep-11 12:54:43

TheLaineyWayIsEssex thanks - u made me smile. maybe i will hire a General to help with weaning. ( off to finish up)

whackamole Fri 23-Sep-11 14:23:28

YANBU. I remember the first time we took our DTS to visit my parents (200 miles away). Granted, we were going for a week, but we took EVERYTHING. I'm not sure we could have cut it down much without only packing a days worth of clothes and washing everyday, but bloody hell the car was rammed! It took ages to pack, the neighbours actually asked if we were moving blush

It also would take me minimum an hour to get them ready to get out the house - and then guaranteed one of them would poo everywhere.

zingzillachinchilla Wed 28-Sep-11 19:51:07

HTH - happy to help grin

BeyondLimitsOfTheLivingDead Wed 28-Sep-11 19:53:19

I just chuck a pile of random stuff in a bag or two. Doesnt take any longer.
Just have to buy anything you forget smile

aldiwhore Wed 28-Sep-11 19:53:39

The trick is, pack like there's a small fire in the house. You'll be amazed what little you and your baby can survive on for a weekend. If you plan too much, you may as well call removal men!!

I remember those days well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now