Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think that the mums on the school run

(260 Posts)
M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:08:03

Who turn up in their PJs are just lazy?

Why would anyone want to take their child to school in their PJs? It takes what all of 5 mins getting dressed??

Just seen a mum with black and white polka dots PJ bottoms on, fluffy ugg style slippers - they were slippers as they had bunny ears on them flapping about!! hmm

Is it just me who thinks its lazy?

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:10:25

oops wrong forum. blush

CailinDana Fri 23-Sep-11 09:10:45

Why do you care if they're lazy?

northernmonkey Fri 23-Sep-11 09:11:10

(makes note to self to make sure I get dressed in the morning) grin

Yanbu! They are just being lazy, like you said it only takes a few mins to get dressed

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:11:31

hmm i dont care i just think not every one wants to see what people have worn for bed.

pictish Fri 23-Sep-11 09:11:56

To each their own. It doesn't impact on your life, so why care?

AnnieLobeseder Fri 23-Sep-11 09:12:33

Wow, I'm a total slob but I'd at least throw on a tracksuit before the school run on a lazy day!! YANBU.

CailinDana Fri 23-Sep-11 09:12:51

So you do care then, you care about their pyjamas because it hurts you in some way.

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:13:16

No it doesnt impact on my life but i just think its lazy.

Kids you get dressed to go out but mummy cant be arsed so going in her PJs!
How embarrassing must that be to a child.

MrsYamada Fri 23-Sep-11 09:13:24

Those bunny ears are going to get all manky on the playground.

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:14:16

cailinDana
hardly hurts me confused

I just feel for the child. i know i would have being mortified if my mother took my to school in her PJs, then again my 5yr old would be mortified too.

CailinDana Fri 23-Sep-11 09:14:19

I think you need other things to worry about TBH.

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:15:06

MrsYamada
They were already manky, they looked a good 5 yrs old lol

My 5yr old even mentioned it by saying 'mummy why does that lady have her slippers on?'

Psammead Fri 23-Sep-11 09:15:21

So the only things you can have an opinion on are those which directly affect you in some way? hmm

pictish Fri 23-Sep-11 09:15:38

I don't see that it matters one jot.

shrug

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:16:10

Thinks CailinDana was said mum on school run

:-x

MrsYamada Fri 23-Sep-11 09:16:24

Ew. Manky bunny ears, now that is NOT ON!

pictish Fri 23-Sep-11 09:16:56

I've never done the school run in jammies, but I doubt very much that my kids would give a monkeys if I did.

What a non issue.

LaBag Fri 23-Sep-11 09:17:15

YANBU. Some women just don't have standards do they! Minkers: the lot of them.

thisisyesterday Fri 23-Sep-11 09:17:36

i have never ever seen this, but seen threads on it before on here so it's obviously the "in" thing to do in certain circles!

very odd if you ask me. i can't imagine why anyone would want to do the school run in their pyjamas but there you go

didn't one school ban mums from turning up in pyjamas?

StrandedBear Fri 23-Sep-11 09:17:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

M0naLisa Fri 23-Sep-11 09:17:46

Psammead
Seems that way! Ah well, im going to flick through my boden catalogue see if i can find a polka dot pair of PJ bottoms to match her. grin

GetOrfMo1Land Fri 23-Sep-11 09:18:22

I think mothers who do this are lazy slobs.

No it doesn't impact on my life in any way, but it doesn't stop me from judging them.

It takes minutes to get dressed in the morning. What is their excuse?

CailinDana Fri 23-Sep-11 09:18:39

Ha no I wasn't my son is only 9 months but when he's going to school I'll remember to wear PJs a few times a week at least to stave off people like you.

Minus273 Fri 23-Sep-11 09:18:47

I will confess to not getting properly dressed one morning. I spent most of the getting dressed time with my head over the toilet pan suffering from morning sickness. Poor dd did a great job of tidying away her breakfast stuff and getting dressed. (it was making her breakfast that had set me off). To avoid being late for school I ended up just pulling a pair of jeans and and a jacket on over my PJs blush. Call me lazy if you want but it took a lot of energy not to vomit between home and school. When I got home I did get showered and dressed properly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now