(16 Posts)
DogGoneMad Thu 22-Sep-11 22:33:00

Dh and I really disagree on this.

worraliberty Thu 22-Sep-11 22:33:38

You have lots of posts on your other thread confused

madhattershouse Thu 22-Sep-11 22:34:16

Don't think she liked the answers.

lemonsquish Thu 22-Sep-11 22:34:47

What are your reasons for not letting her? She can have if she wants it, even if you disagree.

lemonsquish Thu 22-Sep-11 22:35:23

Haven't seen the other thread sorry

benniesmum Fri 23-Sep-11 18:35:02

Why would you not want to protect her? How will you explain it to her if in the future she gets HPV associated cervical disease and cannot have children?

LineRunner Fri 23-Sep-11 18:41:47

It's your DD's decision, and she's allowed to make it. She's also much better off making it before she becomes sexually active, so that she is protected.

My DD had it. She chose to, and I supported her.

So, I think that YABU.

LesserOfTwoWeevils Fri 23-Sep-11 18:42:57

YABU

Tenebrist Fri 23-Sep-11 18:43:34

I think merely the fact that you ignored being told on the other thread that it is the HPV virus, not HVP (and have repeated the error in this thread title), is sufficient for me to realise that you are not taking anything we say on board. It doesn't inspire confidence that you are really interested in finding out the facts, TBH.

PS, apologies if you are actually dyslexic, but the rest of your posts don't seem to indicate that.

SauvignonBlanche Fri 23-Sep-11 18:45:51

Haven't we done this already? confused

WeShouldOpenABar Fri 23-Sep-11 18:50:35

since you dont listen , im going to hijack thread slightly sorry
AIBU to pay €600 to get the vaccine when I am 26 and definitely not a virgin, I know the chances of having it are high enough but if I can find the money wouldnt it be a good idea just in case im not already infected,
my mother and sister always have bad cells in their smears and its something I would like to avoid if possible
Its probably this or a better sofa when I move into my house!

MurunBuchstansangur Fri 23-Sep-11 18:52:05

why is there another thread? Is the OP expecting a different answer?

MurunBuchstansangur Fri 23-Sep-11 18:53:14

weshouldopenabar you should save your money, get some condoms and a sofa.

Whatmeworry Fri 23-Sep-11 19:05:17

The other thread, but the same person, on the same topic is Over Here

Clearly too many people had the Wrong Answer on that one smile

WeShouldOpenABar Fri 23-Sep-11 19:06:10

murunbuchstansangur, I have never had sex without condoms , thats one of the reasons i think i might not have the hpv just yet

Pelvicflooragogo Fri 23-Sep-11 20:36:13

save your money - horse has bolted (as it were).

And for goodness sake protect your daughter, they'll probably stop doing smears in the years to come as they'll assume most have had the jab and therefore not at risk - would put her at even greater risk. do it do it do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now