Talk

Advanced search

to think that I have got my comeuppance for buying expensive shoes?

(14 Posts)
emeraldgirl1 Thu 22-Sep-11 15:40:44

I treated myself to a pair of expensive shoes for the first time ever, to celebrate a big event in my life.

I am an idiot. I got over-excited and rushed into buying them even though a tiny voice in the back of my head was telling me they wouldn't fit (I tried them on first thing in the morning when my feet were at their smallest). Lo and behold. They dont' fit. In fact, they are effing agony. Wore them out so can't return them and it was the most painful night of my life. Is there any way I can stretch the bloody things? A friend has suggested putting on two pairs of socks and wearing them indoors - will this stretch them? Can't bear to think that I spent all this silly money for a pair of shoes I can't wear!

Of course, if anyone out there fancies making a good home for a pair of size 41 (yeah right) Louboutins...? wink

emeraldgirl1 Thu 22-Sep-11 15:45:43

oh and also, in all honesty, they are not even that well-made. they look nice but close-up I think you can see too many joins and - could be glue? not impressed. The power of advertising...

ghosteditor Thu 22-Sep-11 15:51:13

Eek! You can get cobblers to stretch shoes, somewhat, which helps if you can't bear to wear them until they stretch out a bit. I fell in love with a pair of enormous heels for my wedding and they were perfect in the shop, but on reflection a bit too narrow for me, especially to wear all day. So I took them to the cobbler and he stretched them with some kind of shoe tree thing for a couple of days - perfect!

(still crippling at the end of a long wedding day but that's my own fault for not toughening my feet up to 5" heels beforehand!)

emeraldgirl1 Thu 22-Sep-11 15:52:56

thanks ghost editor - it's the toes that are the problem in my case - very narrow as it tapers into the point (though they're not that pointy, just narrow). Cobbler sounds a good plan... even if they ruin them, at the moment they're unwearable anyway so I have nothing to lose. Just the thought of all that wasted dosh!!

thebeansmum Thu 22-Sep-11 16:00:27

Errr - before you do the cobbler thing, or throw 'em down the stairs in anger, or anything else for that matter...which model are they? and how much would you want?!

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 22-Sep-11 16:08:52

I've given up on nice shoes for my hoofs... If i want pointy heels i need at least a size 10! Bloody canoes!

LittleChiefRunnyCustard Thu 22-Sep-11 16:12:37

Have a look on ebay - it would probably be worth your while selling them (if a MNer doesn't offer to buy them of you first).

omletta Thu 22-Sep-11 16:17:11

Put plastic bags of water in them and put them in the freezer (someone on MN told me this and it seriously works!)

madmomma Thu 22-Sep-11 16:46:39

yeah let us know what they're like. I've got size 41 narrow feet - not that I need any more shoes

Angel786 Thu 22-Sep-11 17:07:30

What's a size 41in uk sizes and which style did you get?

I bought one pair of louboutins and my toes went numb the next day... Expensive not always best ...

monkey9237 Thu 22-Sep-11 17:18:55

Another vote for shoe-tree shoe stretchers here, you can stretch any shoes either lengthways or widthways. Give the screws a couple of turns every day and after a week, perfect fitting shoes! They have saved countless pairs of previously unwearable shoes for me. Mine were £16 on QVC.

BestisWest Thu 22-Sep-11 17:59:27

Clarks used to do a leather stretching spray. Worked too from what I remember. Not sure I would use it on Louboutins mind but in desperation....

Shutupanddrive Thu 22-Sep-11 19:32:56

Get your DP/dh to walk around in them in the house that should do it

SarahStratton Thu 22-Sep-11 19:35:14

Size 7 you say? grin

You can stretch leather with a hot spoon. Or shoe trees and leather stretching spray.

Or send them to me and I'll have them break them in for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now