Talk

Advanced search

AIBU, seriously, to wonder, wildly why

(13 Posts)
troisgarcons Wed 21-Sep-11 23:13:54

... and YOU aren't going to like it.

But I'll ask why - so why is it permissible to start threads for female Ops to 'stab' partners ...and respsonses by female posters are often of the 'cut his cock off' variety ....then you have the same core posters decrying DV?

You can search your own post/ers out.

but I do wonder why no one ever pulls up the 'cut his cock off' posters up for anger issues.

Kayano Wed 21-Sep-11 23:21:49

Tree is major discrepancy in other sections too where if a man cheats, the OP is told 'don't worry, it's nothing you did, he is a selfish twat' etc

But if a woman cheats often it is mentioned that it takes 2 for a marriage to break down, the partner needs to look at his own actions as to what pushed her to do it etc.

Not all the time but it does happen angry

Quidsi Wed 21-Sep-11 23:22:23

Off the top of my head and without any searching - I'm sure the poster who wanted to "stab" their partner was called on it within the first couple of posts.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 21-Sep-11 23:23:03

Double standards, of course. Hypocrisy. Message board anonymous snarking coupled with institutionalised misandry.

arghh Wed 21-Sep-11 23:27:49

never want to cut there cock off otherwise why would we need then???

arghh Wed 21-Sep-11 23:28:07

sorry them!!

Yep, t'is true.

CheerfulYank Wed 21-Sep-11 23:35:05

I'm not sure why that is.

I do know that I have offered to knee men in the junk for women before. blush

arghh Wed 21-Sep-11 23:36:17

apocalypsecheesetoastie are you agreeing with me???

Witn the op yes......the double standards on here are unbelieveable !

worraliberty Wed 21-Sep-11 23:57:27

YANBU

In all honesty I think MN is the most generally sexist forum I've ever seen

AvaLafff Thu 22-Sep-11 08:23:00

In all honesty I think MN is the most generally sexist forum I've ever seen

this ^

and one of the most intolerant of other opinions

which is hilarious really when you consider the shouting that goes on about discrimination

Pagwatch Thu 22-Sep-11 08:33:50

I think if you object then you have to say so.

I object to the way people are so unpleasant about sn and I say so. I get called names, and the hilarious 'professionally offended' has arisen out of people speaking up.

So I don't really see the stuff you are talking about, probably because I rarely get drawn into relationships threads, but if you see it you should say so there. A lot. Until people call you names.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now