Talk

Advanced search

To think this is rubbish?

(12 Posts)
PeelThemWithTheirMetalKnives Wed 21-Sep-11 21:50:27

At work today we were talking about Kindles, and being able to adjust the font size. One woman said, "Ooh no, you should never read large-print if you don't need to, because it damages your eyes!" I queried this and she said confidently, "It's definitely right, because that's what we were told at the library where I worked". This doesn't make sense though, does it?

devonshiredumpling Wed 21-Sep-11 21:57:54

what a load of cobblers we know most childrens books are large print and there is nothing wrong with my los eyes and my eyesight for having to read them to my children grin

TiggyD Wed 21-Sep-11 22:00:11

She's getting large print muddled up with wanking. I hope she didn't do that when she was still at the library.

"Do you have a large print section?"

devonshiredumpling Wed 21-Sep-11 22:04:00

pmsl tiggy

aldiwhore Wed 21-Sep-11 22:06:46

tiggyD grin

What a load of rubbish OP... billboards must cause instant blindness if she's right.

PeelThemWithTheirMetalKnives Wed 21-Sep-11 22:07:00

If only I had said that Tiggy!

<snorts>

celticlassie Wed 21-Sep-11 22:08:14

Well, everyone who reads large print has eyesight problems so it must be true.

wink

PeelThemWithTheirMetalKnives Wed 21-Sep-11 22:19:12

You're right, she definitely has a point then celticlassie!

Quidsi Wed 21-Sep-11 23:10:22

TiggyD that has made me laugh out loud - and a peanut just went down the wrong way.
But it was totally worth it - fucking hilarious grin

cecilyparsley Wed 21-Sep-11 23:13:05

doesnt make any sense and I agree with celticlassie, the woman who works in the library has reverse engineered the problem and put the cart before the horse.

Saggyoldclothcatpuss Wed 21-Sep-11 23:14:03

HAHAHA! That made me laugh out loud!! grin

devonshiredumpling Wed 21-Sep-11 23:31:16

quidsi are you ok and did you recover said peanut

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now