Talk

Advanced search

To be really annoyed with Tempest?

(36 Posts)
tabulahrasa Wed 21-Sep-11 21:49:12

They've photoshopped my DD's school photo!!!!

Why? Why?

They've taken off her freckles and everything, she looks like a blooming waxwork...

Why would I want a photo that doesn't actually look like her? And what sort of message dies that give her?

Is it me? Would anyone want a photo like that?

Ineedacleaneriamalazyslattern Wed 21-Sep-11 21:56:30

Have they seriously? That is bad.
Mind you I wish they had photoshopped out the massive ink stains on dd's hand one year hmm

Sandalwood Wed 21-Sep-11 21:56:56

<goes to check>

They bloody have an' all! shock

devonshiredumpling Wed 21-Sep-11 22:02:31

just checked my sons photo and they have done the same he has loads of freckles on his nose which makes him look very cute but the buggers at tempest have taken them away angry

bigpants103 Wed 21-Sep-11 22:07:08

What taken them off the actual photos after you've ordered from a proof? dreadful!! they better not do it to my dd's grazed nose. It's all part of her and I like it!

I'm pissed off with tempest because they has given out leaflets with '25% off when you buy two packs' signs only for me to read the small print where is says 'same child, same photo' Bloody robbers!!!

Sandalwood Wed 21-Sep-11 22:07:51

It's almost like it's overexposed and the face is too bright.

I never noticed earlier as it's only the little 'sample' and I wasn't intending to buy one this time round anyway.

Tis bad though. angry

aldiwhore Wed 21-Sep-11 22:08:20

Tempest is shit.

That is all.

(I still buy the photos sometimes though)

yogabonkers Wed 21-Sep-11 22:09:46

i am appalled by this.

MumtoGirlBoy Wed 21-Sep-11 22:11:03

Oh my God - what is the world coming to? Photoshopping children's school photos? THat is seriously depressing.

Children are perfect whatever they look like. Freckles are part of being a child for god's sake. Whatever you do, don't tell your dd - nothing like instilling a sense of unattractiveness from an early age.

mumeeee Wed 21-Sep-11 22:23:00

Tempest have been around for a while and they never used to do this.

CauldronsTrulyReign Wed 21-Sep-11 22:24:54

I am shocked beyond words.

Have you complained to the school.

angry

squeakytoy Wed 21-Sep-11 22:28:46

I would say they havent actually photoshopped the freckles out. What they have done is used a softer contrast on the photos, which will make it look like the freckles have gone.

picnicbasketcase Wed 21-Sep-11 22:31:58

I really hope whoever my DC's school use do the same, DS has a scratch on his face that I'd be happy to be removed. Yanbu about natural things like freckles though, that's part of them and shouldn't be removed by an overzealous photoshopper

Sandalwood Wed 21-Sep-11 22:36:35

"Waxwork' is a good description.

tabulahrasa Wed 21-Sep-11 22:39:34

It's just the proofs so no, I've not ordered anything yet - but I was planning to as it's her last year of primary.

I'm fairly sure it's more than just overexposing them, her eyebrows look wrong as well hmm she says one of her classmates had the wrong colour eyes as well...

I'm going to send a note in to school tomorrow, I just think it's horrible.

ravenAK Wed 21-Sep-11 22:39:41

One of my tutor group was given bright ginger hair by them earlier this week.

She's mousy, not a hint of auburn...

squeakytoy Wed 21-Sep-11 22:42:35

Contrast is not the same as overexposing. It changes skintone quite a lot.

dikkertjedap Wed 21-Sep-11 23:04:31

The Tempest photographers I have come across had no idea about good photography whatsoever. One made a large group of children face the sun, when I pointed that out to him he said he did it on purpose as you wouldn't see the shadow (true but the kids had their eyes virtually closed). They haven't got the skills, you are better off taking some nice pictures yourself IMO.

Valpollicella Wed 21-Sep-11 23:06:17

Interestingly... look at their website

The photo on the homepage has 2 children with very distinctive freckles!!

Valpollicella Wed 21-Sep-11 23:06:48

(keep watching....the pics change)

CauldronsTrulyReign Wed 21-Sep-11 23:09:20

IME Tempset are shockingly bad anyway, but why strive for greatness when the parents will buy out of obligation to have these significant photos anyway?

[cynical]

MercyDulbottle Wed 21-Sep-11 23:09:30

Dunno if it was tempest, but one we recently had had made DD's mousy-blonde hair the most hideous custard yellow.

no sale.

TalcAndTurnips Wed 21-Sep-11 23:51:32

Can't see what all the hoo-ha is about -

Tempest have captured my little Lambrini-Giro in all her natural beauty.

CauldronsTrulyReign Wed 21-Sep-11 23:53:20

She's gawjus TAT.

Have you thought of pagentising?

TalcAndTurnips Wed 21-Sep-11 23:58:59

Wha yes ma'am - all six lil' darlins are workin the circuit!

Here's Aaaaaaaaaaaliyah-Sapphire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now