Talk

Advanced search

Babysitting

(10 Posts)
needshoes Wed 21-Sep-11 11:09:55

Ive never used a babysitter other than family, so im not sure if i am being a bit reckless or worrying too much.

I have 2 DC's DS (7) and DD (5).

This weekend i am wanting to go to my neighbours for a few girly drinks. My neighbours is 2 doors away.
My DH is going out for a mutual friends birthday clubbing and whilst i am invited and my DPs would have my DCs overnight, id rather spend my once in a blue moon weekend off work doing something a bit more close to home cant be arsed getting dressed up

Would i be unreasonable to ask my other neighbours 14 almost 15 yr old daughter to babysit at my house? She is very trustworthy, a lovely girl and i probably wouldnt be home later than midnight, her mum would be with us at the girly night in the other house and would be able to walk her home.

i could ask my parents but i really dont like to ask on a weekend as they help out so much during the week when im working.

Does that sound ok?

caramelwaffle Wed 21-Sep-11 11:11:30

Yes.

aldiwhore Wed 21-Sep-11 11:12:15

Not sure I'd do it tbh, but Ihave no major issue with it. Our babysitter is 17. I was babysitting from about 14 years old.

itisnearlysummer Wed 21-Sep-11 11:12:28

That sounds fine. You are only a couple of doors away and she will be able to contact both you and her mum if there are any problems.

Presumably you know them well enough to have no obvious reason to not let her. Under those circumstances, I would ask her.

squeakytoy Wed 21-Sep-11 11:13:57

Sounds fine to me. Your children are not babies and would presumably be in bed when the babysitter arrives.

So long as she is a sensible girl, isnt going to have friends round, then I wouldnt have a problem with that. And as you are only 2 doors away, even in an emergency she could run and get you.

At 14 I regularly babysat for my parents friends little boy who was 5, while both sets of parents went out. Then I got a lift home with my parents at about midnight.

niceguy2 Wed 21-Sep-11 11:16:15

As long as she is sensible then you will be fine. You are only 2 doors away.

My DD who is same age often babysits for me and a friend of ours.

needshoes Wed 21-Sep-11 11:22:36

Thanks ladies, you have put my mind at rest.

grubbalo Wed 21-Sep-11 11:23:58

Absolutely sounds fine! Have a fantastic evening!

porcamiseria Wed 21-Sep-11 11:34:38

ah its 2 doors away, go for it

fedupofnamechanging Wed 21-Sep-11 11:37:22

I think it would be fine - you are only two doors away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now