Talk

Advanced search

To feel bad for the people posting on postnatal depression boards on MN..

(11 Posts)
ToPeeOrNotToPee Wed 21-Sep-11 09:34:20

..that only receive maybe one or two replies?

Just had a look and was saddened to see most of the threads had hardly any replies and some of the OPs are obviously in a bad place and could use support. If I had experience of pnd or even having children I would try and help.

Then I see threads about picking up horse shit has over 100 replies confused

worraliberty Wed 21-Sep-11 09:36:35

It's because MN has 42 zillion categories so many of them are like a ghost town

Someonesnotinbed Wed 21-Sep-11 09:37:48

Bump

aldiwhore Wed 21-Sep-11 09:37:50

What worra says.... YANBU though OP.

ArmageddonOuttahere Wed 21-Sep-11 09:40:52

why was PND given a separate topic to Mental Health anyway?

OracleInaCoracle Wed 21-Sep-11 09:47:58

people use topics like aibu and chat as a "catch all" because they are either too lazy to find the correct section, or they dont know that it exists. and people tend to look under specific topics when they have that problem so topics like PN/AND dont get as many views.

fedupofnamechanging Wed 21-Sep-11 09:50:03

I think we need fewer topics, so there will more traffic in each and not everything will get thrown into Chat and AIBU.

AuntieMonica Wed 21-Sep-11 09:51:58

and it's ok to pass your day making jokes about horseshite and playing 'shop' with your partner, not to leap onto a PND thread with no experience or help to give.

i see your point though, ToPee, PND is isolating enough. sad

Laquitar Wed 21-Sep-11 09:56:40

Maybe some people don't know what to say to someone who is in bad place.

Or maybe -like me- they come for 5 min, do other work, then another 5 min mn etc so i feel that it wouldn't be fair on the poster to engage with her and then to 'abandon' her.

YANBU to think about it though.

ToPeeOrNotToPee Wed 21-Sep-11 10:04:11

I'm definitely not persecuting people who post in chat boards to unwind at the end of the day. Maybe if there were fewer topics it would help. I just imagine if that was me suffering pnd (which is hard enough for most women/men to admit to) and received no kind words it would be very saddening.

I will try and offer more hand holding to people reaching out

MangoMonster Wed 21-Sep-11 10:21:44

I think fewer topics would help. Also maybe it doesn't show on "active" list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now