Talk

Advanced search

To think this is taking the P...

(22 Posts)
chickydoo Tue 20-Sep-11 23:08:51

Maybe this should be in style and beauty, but...
AIBU to be really hacked off when I went to buy a concealer (spot cover stick)
made by Nars, have used the same one for 4 years.
In May cost £12.50 for a 4 gram stick.
Today, new one, new packaging (big deal) 2 gram stick £17.95.
Not only have they halved the size, but the greedy devils of Nars have put the price up too!!! Damn cheek.....now what do I buy.
Have you had this happen with anything else?

DoMeDon Tue 20-Sep-11 23:12:37

Think YAB a little U - it is their roduct to price and sell as they see fit. You don;t have to buy it. Shame when a product becomes prohibitvely expensive or is discontinued though - I feel your pain.

DoMeDon Tue 20-Sep-11 23:13:15

*thier Product"

Kayano Tue 20-Sep-11 23:18:38

YABU to use NARS concealer

northernruth Tue 20-Sep-11 23:22:05

YABU to post this tonight, after I spent all bleeding afternoon shopping for a decent concealer. Where was your recommendation yesterday when I needed it???

chickydoo Tue 20-Sep-11 23:28:03

sorry Northernruth, BUT don't buy Nars far far far to expensive!!!!
Kayano...I never said I got it at the new price smile

Kayano Tue 20-Sep-11 23:30:55

Did you get something else? I think the next one I will try is the Revlon one... I have heard good
Things

FYI - Barry m concealed is terrible. MAC is alright but meh...

I'm still looking for my HG concealer sad

chickydoo Tue 20-Sep-11 23:36:02

No nothing else, might try the Revlon one,or Boots no7 is supposed to be ok....
will have to see.Fingers crossed.

Doodlez Tue 20-Sep-11 23:37:37

Did it with Curly Wurlies years ago - twats.

mumblejumble Tue 20-Sep-11 23:41:49

YANBU.
The quality of children's clothes has gone downhill, and prices increased.
Pissed me off no end.

Boots makeup smells of fish, or everything I've tried from them does.

Have you tried Bobbi Brown? I have both the pot one, and the pen/brush one and rate them both.

chickydoo Tue 20-Sep-11 23:46:40

Maybe will give Bobbi brown a go.

Reminds me that Dairy milk bar is smaller now and gone up in price too. Do the manufactures think we are thick and won't notice

LaurieFairyCake Tue 20-Sep-11 23:49:03

4 times the price in 4 months!!!

That's a disgrace. Complain, seriously.

Or get one off eBay.

carernotasaint Tue 20-Sep-11 23:57:37

I saw on another website,someone say that the GOSH range at Superdrug is a similar texture to NARS.

chickydoo Tue 20-Sep-11 23:58:40

Thanks carernotasaint, have lots of ideas, so will give a few a try
Thanks

aldiwhore Wed 21-Sep-11 09:17:24

The collection 2000's illuminater stick is brilliant, I prefer it to YSL touche le clait and its only £3.99.... a more hardly concealer, again collection 2000, it comes in a tube and has more substance. Max Factor and No7 also do good ones.

I found it tricky getting the right one for my skin tone, but the above products work.

northernruth Wed 21-Sep-11 09:23:32

I got a Mac one in the end. Went to Bobbi Brown as have heard good things, but they tried to sell me two products - a dark circles corrector and a concealer. Apart from the cost (would have been £34+!!) I cba to put two products on in the morning and as I am getting on a bit (44) it made my eye area look more crepey.

The Mac one I got is a liquid and is designed to stay on all day (15 hours) which I need cos when at work I touch my skin/ face all the time.

Will look out for the Collection 200 stuff and GOSH. I did have a quick look in M&S and they had a cream concealer set that was about £7, nice creamy texture and two colours in each version so you could match your own skin tone.

northernruth Wed 21-Sep-11 09:24:04

pmsl at Boots makeup smells of fish,

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer and Asga George under eye concealer are amazing smile

susiedaisy Wed 21-Sep-11 09:33:20

I think alot of manufacturers have taken advantage of this cost of living rise and stuck prices up on everything regardless of the true increase sad

Champagnevanity Wed 21-Sep-11 10:30:47

Nars is very expensive, but very good, and lasts FOREVER. well, for me it does anyway. Butt, if your looking for a concealer, Benefit Boing is amazing, and you can pick it up off ebay for a couple of quid.

northernruth Wed 21-Sep-11 14:32:55

Ooh ta Champagne, love Benefit and forgot about that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now