Talk

Advanced search

To ask if you have ever taken any work/found additional ways of making cash whilst on maternity leave?

(7 Posts)
Arachnophobic Tue 20-Sep-11 20:27:44

Yes I know this is AIBU but there is lots of traffic here....

I am in no rush to return to work but I am also due to receive shite stat pay shortly, just can't survive on it.....wondering if any of you did anything during the evenings/at weekends to supplement.

So keep it clean ladies grin what did you do? In fact, even if you did something slightly immoral let's hear it!

Springyknickersohnovicars Tue 20-Sep-11 20:30:59

You could do a home shopping business, Avon or Kleeneze but Kleeneze charge £148 up front for books, Avon give you the first books free so Avon is safer, not sure how Betterware works. Anne Summers.

Actually go to Moneysavingexpert website and look at the increase your income section.

Springyknickersohnovicars Tue 20-Sep-11 20:31:33

Sorry nothing immoral just the boring stuff from me.

StrandedBear Tue 20-Sep-11 20:37:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

troisgarcons Tue 20-Sep-11 20:42:48

ebay - but that was in the days before they hiked up their fees and paypal fucked you over!

I also went bar maiding at lunch times, 2 hours a day dishing up pensioners specials!

But TBH, as soon as I could get out I went back to full time work, I just could not be sanely sat at home with a baby pre home internet days.

I got horribly addicted at one point to sky games - bumble bee tumble - thats when I knew I had to go back to work or vegetate.

Trying to think back.... With No1 I didnt go on maternity leave until his due day and he was kind enough to arrive when he should have! I was back at work full time after 12 weeks, post c-section. With No2 I more or less had to leave 6 weeks beforehand due to having my head down the toilet constantly. He was 6 weeks early. Legislation had altered to allow flexi hours - so I went back 4 hours a day for 5 months and then full time. With No3 I was still working when he arrived! Again staggered return for 5 hours a day, then full time when he was 10 months.

Three under five, holding down a compliance job in the city was killer, if only that the trains were persistently buggered.

I hate not working.

deliakate Tue 20-Sep-11 20:43:32

I eBayed all my maternity clothes for a start.

Champagnevanity Tue 20-Sep-11 20:56:27

I'm Currently on Maternity Leave, and have ebay'd pretty much everything, mainly due to boredom.

Now, i have no more things that i could possibly sell, i've been thinking the same thing, i hate the feeling of being unproductive. However, ive not actually had ANY idea's...

Sympathy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now