Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think they've lied!

(13 Posts)
FrenchRuby Tue 20-Sep-11 16:45:40

I ordered a sewing machine from littlewoods, I needed it quite urgently because I have several things needing taking in/fixing etc...
So it was due to be delivered today so I stayed in all day only leaving to pick up ds from school.
I check online because I've had problems with NEXT delivery just leaving my parcels in the middle of the stairs in the corridor downstairs (I live in flats) and not putting a card through or anything.
I looked at the delivery tracker thing and it said 'Unable to deliver no access to property' hmm I live on a main road, that has a drive way and parking.
I phoned to ask why they said they couldn't get to my house and she said 'because of traffic' my road has been clear all day, even on the school run hour. There are 4 different ways to get onto my road. There's no road works near my house. AIBU to think they're lying?? Sorry I know it's completely pointless to get annoyed because there's nothing I can do about it but why let people pick a day something's being delivered if they can't keep to it. I now have to cancel all the stuff I had planned for tomorrow to wait in again.

SnapesMistress Tue 20-Sep-11 16:50:21

They probably were lying, I have had endless trouble with couriers and don't trust them one bit.

AuntieMonica Tue 20-Sep-11 16:50:53

the traffic may have been bad en route to your area, parcels are shipped from centralised depots, which can be 50+ miles from your house

unless you paid for special delivery YABU

FrenchRuby Tue 20-Sep-11 16:52:49

I know I am but Im really pissed off that I've spent all day in for no reason sad

FrenchRuby Tue 20-Sep-11 16:54:52

But I did pay extra for it to be delivered today.

Hassled Tue 20-Sep-11 16:56:19

YANBU. They sound like lying twats. See if you can get the extra money back.

Hulababy Tue 20-Sep-11 16:58:05

YANBU

Insist on having the money you paid for the special delivery reimbursed at the very least.

AuntieMonica Tue 20-Sep-11 16:58:43

of course they should refund your delivery charge then

needanewname Tue 20-Sep-11 16:59:17

Why is the op being unreasonable?

Unless I have missed something, shes paid for a delivery on a certain day and they have failed to deliver. Not only that but they have given a shit excuse.

Op stand your ground and complain to whoever you can.

Slambang Tue 20-Sep-11 16:59:56

My friend waited in all day for a parcel only to catch the delivery guy sticking the 'We tried to deliver your parcel but you were out' card through the letterbox. He ran outside and told the guy he was actually in so could he have his parcel please, and it turns out the guy didn't actually have the parcel in his van at all shock! He said 'We haven't got time in our schedule to actually deliver all the parcels so we just put the cards in the letterbox so you can arrange what to do.' angry

thisisyesterday Tue 20-Sep-11 17:02:12

yanbu

i've ordered from littlewoods twice.
i have had nothing but the most enormous amount of hassle frm them, including lying about various issues.

i would never, ever, ever buy anything from them again as long as I live.

FrenchRuby Tue 20-Sep-11 17:06:58

slambang seriously?? That's terrible!
I phoned the woman to complain and she just kept saying 'when do you want to rearrange?' and I said 'no i want to know why the delivery guy couldn't get to my house' and this went round in circles for about 10 mins until she said 'oh he reported there was traffic or something, when do you want to rearrange' hmm

FrenchRuby Tue 20-Sep-11 21:36:31

I've just been reading their reviews online.... seriously how are these people still in business?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now