Talk

Advanced search

To call a new puppy

(11 Posts)
Springyknickersohnovicars Tue 20-Sep-11 14:50:46

Avon.

My friend's an Avon lady and she thinks it's a great name for a dog. I'm not sure. Is she being unreasonable?

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 14:52:57

I wanted to call my sister's puppy Taxi so I could stand in the middle of the beach and yell "Taaaxi" after reading on MN about a dog called Taxi. She called the poor bugger Biscuit instead hmm

You should advise your friend that Taxi is a much better for a dog. I can't tell you if YABU or not until you procure some photos of the puppy for us all grin

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 20-Sep-11 14:54:43

My Dsis has a cat called Avon - i think it was after the river but it could be from Blakes 7 as she was a fan! Wouldn't be sure about calling it loudly in the park though.

I quite like the name Blodwyn for my next pet I don't know why grin

RedRubyBlue Tue 20-Sep-11 14:54:45

Or call him Hello.

Everyone in the park will think you are very friendly when you shout his name smile

TheVermiciousKnid Tue 20-Sep-11 14:55:02

Sounds fine, provided it's a poodle. Preferably wearing bright red lipstick and blue eyeshadow. smile

WhiteTrash Tue 20-Sep-11 14:55:46

DP always wanted a dog called Jizz. I think Avon is worse. Nuff said.

Springyknickersohnovicars Tue 20-Sep-11 15:01:41

I love the name Taxi, I might suggest it. Mind you if she was walking the dog in the town she might get run over with them all heading for her.

SuePurblybilt Tue 20-Sep-11 15:03:48

I know someone who called a dog 'Knickers' so he could shout 'Knickers, off' or 'Knickers, down'

mayorquimby Tue 20-Sep-11 15:04:09

If it's after Barksdale then yes great name.
If it's after Avon ladies it's an appalling name and I think you should rethink if you are really suitable to own an awesome puppy.

PonceyMcPonce Tue 20-Sep-11 15:06:00

The best name for a dog is Asbo

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 15:07:08

I might re-name my dog Asbo. It would suit him. His current nick name is savage-little-sod hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now