Talk

Advanced search

to have practically thrust DS at DH for him to take care of for a bit.

(10 Posts)
filibear Tue 20-Sep-11 12:03:56

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

GypsyMoth Tue 20-Sep-11 12:05:51

Yanbu..... But what did DH say and do??

winnybella Tue 20-Sep-11 12:06:35

YWDNBU.

It's his son as well, yes? What's his problem?

Has any of the other stuff changed with regard to your DH? For example, is he ironing his own work uniform etc?

You are not his slave you know...

Miette Tue 20-Sep-11 12:14:24

Of course that isn't unreasonable!

filibear Tue 20-Sep-11 12:17:41

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

I would shout at him. He sounds a selfish fucker who needs a kick up the arse, frankly.

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Tue 20-Sep-11 12:26:57

Yes, you need to shout. "Shape up or ship out" would be a start.

ChaoticAngeloftheUnderworld Tue 20-Sep-11 12:29:32

Thinking about it you need to write a list of jobs with his name at the top and one with your name at the top, then give his to him. Then he won't need telling what to do, he can check the list. If he complains about it then show him the second list with your name at the top so he can see you're doing the same amount.

LieInsAreRarerThanTigers Tue 20-Sep-11 13:16:18

I agree you need to really set out who is expected to do what in order to get a more equal partnership in parenting your son and looking after the house. I let resentment bubble away for years, making excuses for him (working more and earning more than me, eczema on his hands making nappy-changing difficult, etc. etc.) and it got me nowhere but divorce! Good luck...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now