Talk

Advanced search

Would you be annoyec if your DH took the only working mobile phone charger to work and left it there?

(24 Posts)
DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 07:59:01

I need to grow up to apparently. I should not be angry about being left on my own with two children and no phone incase of emergencies. We have no house phone.

I should not be annoyed that the school cannot contact me in an emergency and the nearest emergency contact is now at least 45 minutes away, as opposed to me, who is only five minutes away.

I should not be annoyed that I now cannot contact my sister who is struggling with MH issues and may need me to make/attend appointments with her.

SarahStratton Tue 20-Sep-11 08:00:48

I'd be ever so slightly pissed off and would probably cut his bollocks off with a blunt knife .

DontGoCurly Tue 20-Sep-11 08:01:30

Yanbu I would be furious. How selfish of him.

StrandedBear Tue 20-Sep-11 08:04:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

aldiwhore Tue 20-Sep-11 08:07:07

I'd buy another charger. YANBU, but if your DH has the only charger, he's NBU to say 'go buy another one!'.....

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Tue 20-Sep-11 08:08:36

Why do you only have one?! Get yourself another one straight away.

And YADNBU. Your DH is being a selfish twat of the highest order

<gavel>

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 08:28:27

This is phone charger number 5 btw. I usually get them off amazon.

Phone charger number 1 I left at my mums and she put it 'somewhere safe' - ths is the original charger that came with my phone. DH also lost his original charger.

Phone charger number two goes with last years phones. It broke whilst I was at work. No-one has admitted responsibility.

Phone charger number three from Amazon- dd1 broke.

Phone charger number 4 - was from a cheap phone shop and just stopped working.

This phone charger that is at DH's work is also one from last contracts phones.

I'll order another one later, again. I am the only capable it would seem of replacing chargers, but that's a whole other AIBU.

nocake Tue 20-Sep-11 08:30:21

I think your family have a problem with phone chargers. I've never had to replace one.

And why does it need to go to work? Why not charge the phone at home overnight?

TrillianAstra Tue 20-Sep-11 08:32:12

Yes I would be annoyed.

You haven't asked if you are being unreasonable by the way, but it is reasonable to be annoyed.

OTOH of the list of chargers you have lost one (at your mum's - I'm counting this as lost because it doesn't sound like you'll get it back anytime soon) and broken one (at work) and so far he has lost one and left one somewhere where it will be back tonight, so you are ahead on charger-loss.

borderslass Tue 20-Sep-11 08:32:35

Get a new charger and keep it hidden from him then if he breaks yet another one plead ignorance, smile

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 09:22:21

Well I've ordered a new one. One that will only work with my phone [pettyemoticon].

I have a HTC. The HTC charger is the one that is in my mum's safe space. DH has a Sony what-not (it's poo), his Sony charger is also broke/lost.

For some reason the chargers off last contracts Samsung phones charge both my phone and DH's phone. One Samsung charger broke, the other DH has at work. I normally relpace broken/lost chargers with a Samsung one so we can both use it.

EricNorthmansMistress Tue 20-Sep-11 09:51:05

YANBU
My H does this. Drives me potty. He is NOT allowed to remove chargers from the house any more.

Venacava Tue 20-Sep-11 09:58:57

YABU. Get yourself to the shops instead of moaning on here and buy a new one.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 10:03:48

Venacava the only shop near us that would sell one for less than £15 is the one I used when I bought the one that just stopped working less than a week later. Even that was £8.

I have ordered a HTC charger from Amazon for a fiver that had 4.5 stars out of 5 in their review.

Not to mention I stupidly left my wages at my mums. She hid them to prevent my Dad (who is unsucessfully quitting smoking) from stealing them to buy fags. When she hides something, she really hides it. I need to phone her to find out where she hid them and I can't do that with no phone hmm.

ladyintheradiator Tue 20-Sep-11 10:07:42

You should have returned charger 4 for a refund.

Also, if being contactable etc is of the utmost importance you would go to a shop that sells one that works.

So while your DH shouldn't have left it at work this is all very silly and petty.

diddl Tue 20-Sep-11 10:10:20

I´d blame your mum tbh.

grin

lashingsofbingeinghere Tue 20-Sep-11 10:44:34

Paint the phone charger bright pink and put a sticker of a cuddly toy or similar on it. With any luck your DH will never want to borrow it again grin

minimisschief Tue 20-Sep-11 12:08:46

YABU tbh.

You will get the charger back the next time he is at work. There are also other ways to contact people. email, land line, phonebox (they still exist) go to someones house.

What do you think people did before mobiles. i mean seriously. Heavens forbid if your mobile broke one day.

SoupDragon Tue 20-Sep-11 12:10:55

Doin, what Samsung charger works?

Naoko Tue 20-Sep-11 13:33:32

Is your phone a fairly new one? It probably charges over USB if it is. Get a couple of standard micro usb to usb cables, your DH can take one to work and you can keep one plugged in to the computer at home at all times. I rarely charge my phone from a normal mains socket now, means I actually have to find the charger, as opposed to having it plugged in while I'm on the PC anyway.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 13:53:24

We used to have the Samsung U900, but I think all the Samsung chargers are pretty much the same.

mimimisschef I have spare mobile handsets incase mine breaks grin

We have no landline. Or we do, but we don't have a phone for the landline. It's on my list of 'things we need to buy'.

My phone does charge via USB but I don't know if it's a micro usb one or if it will only work with a HTC/Sumsung cable. I do have one of those lying around somewhere so I'll check that.

DooinMeCleanin Tue 20-Sep-11 14:00:27

It's on charge now with a Sony Ericcson USB thingy that we seem to have in our drawer-of-wires-that-might-come-in-handy-one-day.

Thank you Naoko.

Triggles Tue 20-Sep-11 14:02:27

DH & I both have the same mobiles (with different colour cases), so same charger, one upstairs, one downstairs. None leave the house. Ever. House rule.

And we have one of those battery powered emergency chargers that you can either wind up for a brief charge or pop a couple batteries in for a temporary charge in an emergency.

I will admit that I'm a bit neurotic about the phone battery being low, so I check it quite regularly - and remind DH on a regular basis to charge his phone (he is dreadful about it - the number of times I'd heard him say "oh no, my phone's dead" was staggering before I finally just started reminding him to charge his phone when I charge mine)

SoupDragon Tue 20-Sep-11 14:05:32

Let me see if I can find the car charger for my old U900 then... I have a box of chargers, mostly Samsung!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now