GalaxyWeaver Sun 18-Sep-11 22:46:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AnyFucker Sun 18-Sep-11 22:48:10

I think you should chill, personally

hardly the crime of the century is it ?

Iwantscallops Sun 18-Sep-11 22:48:44

It was rude, but move on.

going Sun 18-Sep-11 22:51:01

It was a one off. Rude but not worth getting cross about.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 18-Sep-11 22:51:57

Yup, it was rude but workmen have a habit of doing this. They park as close as they can to the job they need to do, which is understandable if sometimes a little cheeky.

Curiousmama Sun 18-Sep-11 22:52:43

Is this a one off? if so agree you need to chill. You really need to live next door to crap neighbours for a while then you may appreciate yours?

LRDTheFeministDragon Sun 18-Sep-11 22:54:13

Rude, but probably the workmen rather than your neighbours at fault - and I suspect if you're working day in day out, you probably don't pay very close attention to exactly what the little particularities of a situation are.

It'd have irritated me too, though.

GalaxyWeaver Sun 18-Sep-11 22:54:37

LRDTheFeministDragon Sun 18-Sep-11 22:55:09

(Sorry, that made no sense ... we're all working day in day out ... what I meant to write was, 'if you're working day in day out in other people's houses').

wildhairrunning Sun 18-Sep-11 22:57:15

Yes it is rude and rude of your neighbour not to apologise to you

GalaxyWeaver Sun 18-Sep-11 22:59:58

BarryStar Sun 18-Sep-11 23:01:25

No big deal.

wildhairrunning Sun 18-Sep-11 23:03:53

Are you allowed to put one of those steel posts that only you can let down?! Or paint your house number or no parking on your driveway bit?!

snippywoo2 Sun 18-Sep-11 23:08:36

YANBU and this behaviour is down right rude. Have you got the number of the firm, phone them and complain, one they have no right to park on your drive its private property and two using your window sills to put their crap on is taking the piss. Personally I'd have asked them once to get their van off my drive immediately and if they didn't I would block them in until tomorrow see how they liked that. I'm assuming your not friends with your neighbours otherwise they wouldn't have let them act like this. My neighbours having his drive block paved tomorrow and he came round to ask if it was OK if they put their trailer on the grass outside the front of my house (it doesn't belong to me, it's the grass verge) he also told me they were replacing the fence panels between their garden and mine in two weeks if that was OK. Now that's what I call a good neighbour smile

GalaxyWeaver Sun 18-Sep-11 23:13:19

Curiousmama Mon 19-Sep-11 10:47:52

Can you not put a parking cone on your drive? wink

Glad neighbour is ok usually.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Mon 19-Sep-11 11:26:50

YANBU

Things like this really annoy me!

I share a front 'garden' with next door one path between garages and then open aread in front of the houses, they use it as a broken toy graveyard and place to congregate. I arrive home with sleeping dcs, a 4 and almost 3hr old asleep on each hip and negotiating keys, carefully stepping round scattered toys etc and they don't even move, can't even have a quiet word as they don't speaka da english!

sparkle12mar08 Mon 19-Sep-11 11:57:51

Very rude and very, very irritating indeed. I'd be seething inside especially about the van on my drive, but I wouldn't say anything in the interests of neighbourly harmony. But I would certainly put the rubbish back on to my neighbours window sill.

BlueFergie Mon 19-Sep-11 12:14:16

This happens occassionally to me. Although ususally the workmens van/ car blocks my driveway rather than parks in it. Can't say it bothers me. Just ask and its moved...no big deal. It probably is inconsiderate but on the list of parking crimes its minor. Cans/ drinks on windowsill wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Unless they were standing looking in my winow. Just hand them back to them or dump them <shrug>

oldraver Mon 19-Sep-11 14:22:14

It does sound rude especially when you had to ask twice for them to move and then they didnt hurry..

I think I would of been forced to park across drive then busy myself wink

eurochick Mon 19-Sep-11 14:24:21

It was rude and I would ahve been cross too.

BlueGeranium Mon 19-Sep-11 14:37:07

We had this happen to us recently too. Our neighbour is a thoroughly nasty piece of shit who thinks nothing of menacing people to get his own way. He's caused endless trouble for us since we moved to our current house. We're trying very hard to sell, just to move away from him. I stood up to him over the parking issue and he threatened me in return.

Olifin Mon 19-Sep-11 14:40:18

It wouldn't have bothered me at all, I don't think.

Shutupanddrive Mon 19-Sep-11 14:54:31

I hope you told them to take their rubbish with them?

caughtinanet Mon 19-Sep-11 15:53:46

I would have been annoyed too.

Really Olifin, you wouldn't be bothered about randoms leaving their rubbish on your windowsill ? That's even odder than workmen being thoughtless grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now