Talk

Advanced search

To tell friend her cm drinks while looking after her baby?

(59 Posts)
Mrsgilbertgrape Sun 18-Sep-11 22:10:47

Have pretty much solid proof.

Cm watches friends 8mo 2 days a week on one these days she has lunch out with friends and takes baby along.

I had heard she has wine with her meal but never thought much of it but she has just posted on her Facebook that she is looking forward to her bottle of wine with her lunch tomorrow, someone posted "a full bottle at lunch time? ;)" and she replied "why not? It's only once a week"

Aibu to tell my friend (who does not have Facebook) cm
Does not drive so I'm not worried about her drink driving or anything but surly she should not be getting paid to get half pissed while watching a baby.

PublicHair Sun 18-Sep-11 22:13:52

yes, i told someone that i'd seen her CM loading her 2 kids (one 3 and one one) into a private hire cab as she was running late for school run.
even if it's 'legal' it's not ideal\safe.

HarrietSchulenberg Sun 18-Sep-11 22:13:55

I would tell friend as I wouldn't want some pisshead looking after my child.

cheesesarnie Sun 18-Sep-11 22:13:59

i think you would be unreasonable for not telling your friend.
if she wasnt getting paid to look after someone elses child id say mind your own buisness but...yanbu

could you show your friend on your fb?

CrackerFactory Sun 18-Sep-11 22:15:02

YANBU I would want to know

ladyintheradiator Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:14

I can't think of a reason not to tell her, can you?

ColdSancerre Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:23

YANBU at all, she would want to know

bibbitybobbityhat Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:35

Yanbu. Apart from the drinking, its the being out at lunch long enough to drink a whole bottle whilst mindee does what? every week. Your friend and her baby deserve better.

mablemurple Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:37

How is the cm getting to the restaurant? Is she driving with the baby? shock

squeakytoy Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:49

I would try and do it in a diplomatic way.. for all you know, your friend could be well aware that the woman is going out, and does not have a problem with it... equally she might not know.. but I would tread carefully or you could end up being the one that nobody is speaking to for interfering.

Robotindisguise Sun 18-Sep-11 22:17:45

Bloody hell yes! Ring her now. And print off the page before she deletes it.

YANBU. I'd want someone to tell me, and I think I'd be angry if I found out they hadn't.

Does she drive with the child after the lunch?

PeneloPeePitstop Sun 18-Sep-11 22:17:57

uh..... yeah

lechatnoir Sun 18-Sep-11 22:18:42

If you're 100% sure she's drinking a bottle of wine with lunch at the same time as CM, then without question you must tell your friend.

PattySimcox Sun 18-Sep-11 22:18:57

YWBU if you did not tell her

Collision Sun 18-Sep-11 22:20:30

I told an employer that her sister's nanny took drugs whilst looking after her children.

Imagine how you would feel if something happened and you had done nothing,

gapants Sun 18-Sep-11 22:22:01

yy, agree with robot print the page, say to your friend, oh I am not sure what to make of this, but thought you might want to see it, and leave it there.

Tryharder Sun 18-Sep-11 22:24:22

Is she a proper Ofsted registered CM i.e getting paid to look after your friend's child? If so, I am genuinely shocked! Safety aspect aside, it can't be much fun for the baby to be strapped into a buggy for a few hours whilst it's carer gets pissed with her mates.

I would not only tell your friend but would also consider reporting to Ofsted. This CM is massively unprofessional. She is doing a paid job - why would you consider it OK to meet your friends and get pissed on someone else's time?

[mind boggles]

Tota1Xaos Sun 18-Sep-11 22:26:46

agree with squeaktoy. I would be tactful, explain the fb exchange you have seen, rather than saying you have absolute proof she downs a bottle at lunchtime.

MmeLindor. Sun 18-Sep-11 22:28:50

Is she having lunch with one friend or four?

LadyGooGoo Sun 18-Sep-11 22:32:45

Definitely print the page, it is all too easy to claim that you misinterpreted or delete the fb update. CC was def BU, you just need to inform friend and protect yourself.

Poor child sad

LadyGooGoo Sun 18-Sep-11 22:33:16

CM, not CC!

TeamEdward Sun 18-Sep-11 22:35:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TrickyBiscuits Sun 18-Sep-11 22:39:37

Are you sure you haven't stumbled across an in-joke though?

Vallhala Sun 18-Sep-11 22:39:49

I'd certainly want to know and would be furious if I later discovered that you were aware of it and hadn't told me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now