Talk

Advanced search

not to have jumped up and moved from this table today.

(9 Posts)
upahill Sun 18-Sep-11 19:09:16

Today I went for a quick snack in a busy fast food place. The place was crowded and there was a large 12 seater table.( 2x 5 sitting facing and one at each end) There were three toddlers sat at one end quite happy sat playing with a toy at one end. I sat at the other out of the way.
A few minutes later the mum comes up and tells me that I can't sit there as they need all the table and didn't the kids tell me.
I said no but I wasn't going to be long. I asked if the table had been reserved and she said no but they want all the seats.
My plan was to move once everyone arrived.

However it turns out it was 3 kids, mum and dad( who sat at the head of the table) her mum and another women.

I stayed put but felt a bit uncomfortable due to stares but the only other places would have been to sit at a table for four with loved up couples.

I just need a bit of time to have a snack.
WWYD and was I BU not to jump up and go when I was asked.

booyhoo Sun 18-Sep-11 19:11:31

so if there were only 7 of them they didn't need all the seats then did they?

YANBU

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 19:11:38

YANBU. Food first then get a table. That's the way these places ask you to behave. OK so everyone most people do this, I do, I wouldn't ask someone who had already purchased their food to move for me.

IrmaMuthafucker Sun 18-Sep-11 19:13:32

YANBU.

Who leaves toddlers to police some neurotic table-hogging any way?

slavetofilofax Sun 18-Sep-11 19:14:52

I would have moved because I would have felt uncomfortable. And if I'm eating fast food and all the calories that go with it, I want to enjoy it! Drive through is the way forward!

But you shouldn't have moved if you didn't want to. They had as many spaces as they needed.

LineRunner Sun 18-Sep-11 19:15:21

FFS If we are in one of these places we always share the bigger tables and people share them with us.

Where did they think they were?

mymummyisasquarehead Sun 18-Sep-11 19:15:41

YANBU

Cheeky bitch! (her)

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 19:21:08

YANBU. Even if there had been twelve eventually you were there before the others.

exoticfruits Sun 18-Sep-11 19:21:54

YANBU. I always find a seat first- but you can't complain if someone needs it first. There was room for you. They can't book seats they are not going to sit on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now