Talk

Advanced search

To think DC are put on this planet just to embarrass us?

(16 Posts)
DontCallMeFrothyDragon Sun 18-Sep-11 18:47:55

Was in Morrisons earlier, with a very grizzly DS. So, at the till, I gave him a cuddle, trying to cheer him up. Then noticed a puddle on the floor... blush Anyway, told customer services there was a puddle by till x, thinking "OK, I don't need to go into details", when DS piped up rather chirpily "I did a wee wee on Mummy's coat!"... (Which I hadn't blardy noticed...)

So, how hav your DC embarrassed you recently? Or is it just me with this problem? grin

upahill Sun 18-Sep-11 18:50:53

Oh God! I have had 15 years of being embarrassed by my kids.
However they think the opposite is true. Dh and I due to the fact we personally know our kids is a source of embarrasssement to them!!!

Mitmoo Sun 18-Sep-11 18:51:44

Mine comes into his own in supermarkets. I think it is child law.

I remember one occasion when I had told him that he was very smart and could be whoever and whatever he wanted to be. He is HFASD. I told him if the didnt work at school he'd end up in ASDA's going bleep bleep bleep all day.

So we went to ASDA's and he asked the young lad on the till if he was crap at school and was that why he worked on a till.

I told him that was rude and she should apologise. He replied "but mum that's what you told me".

Honesty is not always the best policy. Fortunately the young lad thought my son was seriously funny and only so humour in it.

Mitmoo Sun 18-Sep-11 18:51:57

saw humour

ChippingIn Sun 18-Sep-11 18:53:25

Oh well - in a few years you will be able to get your own back - without even trying!! grin

peterpan99 Sun 18-Sep-11 18:54:06

my DD wanted to go outside today to say hello to 2 of the women who live in our street.
So i took her out and the first thing she says to them is 'daddys on the toilet doing a poo' factually correct, but a bit much info! grin

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Sun 18-Sep-11 18:59:10

grin

Chipping, I have 50+ years to wait, but I look forward to it...

This has temporarily topped the time he got on the bus mid winter, and having heard me muttering choice descriptions of First buses under my breath, delightfully informed me at about 200 decibels, "Mummy, the fucking bus is here!" (I don't normally swear in front of him, but I hadn't slept, it was snowing and we had been waiting 55 minutes...)

Oh, and as a child myself, I couldn't pronounce my "L"s... much to my mothers horror as I told the man in the jewellers all about her "big cock"... grin

ChippingIn Sun 18-Sep-11 20:27:12

Frothy - why do you have to wait 50 years? confused

borderslass Sun 18-Sep-11 20:29:50

Just remember when their teenagers its your job to embarrass them grin grin grin

LordOfTheFlies Sun 18-Sep-11 20:36:26

I was looking for an address book today to replace my old one which has pictures of cherubs on it. Cherubs ,as in chubby little angels, Rapheal print, very tasteful.

DS (11.6 yo) asks me if I'm buying one to replace the naked babies book.???
Naked babies like I'm some sort of perve?? Thanks DS. Not blush

Strawberry64 Sun 18-Sep-11 20:46:27

Love it!

A1980 Sun 18-Sep-11 21:17:36

To think DC are put on this planet just to embarrass us?

confused

They're put on this planet becasue you had sex and conceived them. No other reason. grin

chocolateyclur Sun 18-Sep-11 21:34:43

It's true, mine does it to me all the time.

That said, I love it when other people's do it, so I suppose it's only karma. I still have fond memories of the little girl on the tube 6/7 years ago during the morning rush hour who, over 5 minutes, leaned further and further over to rubberneck the businessman next to her's paper...then asked her Mum in the loudest voice possible, "Mummy, why is that man looking at the lady's boobies?".

He got off at the next station, and left The Sun behind him.

LordOfTheFlies Sun 18-Sep-11 21:53:34

A1980 I often wonder why that particular sperm that made up half of my DS&DD won the Egg and Sperm race. Why 'that one' out of millions?

Yes, I concieved them (planned, meticulously, with a fair bit of effort) but the resultant child in each case was definately put on earth to embarass me grin

ToddlersRFab Sun 18-Sep-11 22:00:04

DontCallMeFrothyDragon - thank you - that made me LOL - just what I needed x

DontCallMeFrothyDragon Sun 18-Sep-11 22:16:14

Chipping... I'm not sure, I've confused myself now... confused

choclateyclur Love it! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now