Talk

Advanced search

Aibu to say how much I love my wonderful husband

(37 Posts)
BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 16:17:51

Message withdrawn

Kayano Sun 18-Sep-11 16:19:32

If my husband woke me up to tell me I was gorgeous, I would assume he was horny and ask him to leave me alone lol wink

slavetofilofax Sun 18-Sep-11 16:22:25

Aahhhh! smile

But yabu. Go and tell him and give him a big fat kiss! In fact I'm going to do just that with my lovely husband in a minute!

I love my dh loads too. He is especially wonderful this weekend because he went to some car show thing yesterday with a friend, and brought me back some fleecy welly warmers! They are the best present EVER! (Except the coffee machine and my engagement ring) grin

cat64 Sun 18-Sep-11 16:29:27

Message withdrawn

BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 16:31:10

Message withdrawn

DontGoCurly Sun 18-Sep-11 16:31:17

He's having an affair! Leave him! grin wink <pukes in bucket>

Bootcamp Sun 18-Sep-11 16:31:18

Me to cat, me too.

BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 16:35:36

Message withdrawn

Tortington Sun 18-Sep-11 16:36:43

i love dh at the moment grin

was in a car crash yesterday. he made me chips peas and gravy on a muffin {roll to you southerners] to cheer me up

he freshly ground coffee beans and made a caffetiere, placed all on a small table next to the settee where i haven't moved from all day.......except

you wont believe this....i heard a cat crying a lot, and it ws raining and it soundded distressed - we have a dog and i dont even like cats but i heard it crying and so i got up and in bare feet stood on doorstep to see if i could see it.

dh then went outside to look for it - assured me it was fat and clearly looked after - then picked me up and carried me to see fat ginger cat.

i'm going to push my luck and ask him to iron something for work for me for tomorrow grin

ledkr Sun 18-Sep-11 16:41:30

You ok custardo? Blimey.

My dh does all those things,i do love him but dont make asong and dance about it cos i expect to be treated like that actually.I do some pretty nice stuff for him too including ruining my lovely figure to give him a child.Damn right he owes me grin

Tortington Sun 18-Sep-11 16:42:16

yes thanks

like your thinking ledkr!

too right we should be treated like this!

BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 16:45:58

Message withdrawn

MrsCog Sun 18-Sep-11 16:47:05

YANBU - it's nice to hear stories of nice DH's on MN as well as the sad threads about less happy domestic situations!

DownbytheRiverside Sun 18-Sep-11 16:50:11

Well, there had to be at least a couple of individuals on MN who are happy with their partners and prepared to say so. grin
So YANBU OP, and I'm delighted to say so.

Lifeissweet Sun 18-Sep-11 16:55:41

You are clearly wise women to have chosen such wonderful partners. How did you do it? My DP has just moved in and is finding his feet with the whole live-in relationship deal. He, so far, is good at doing domestic things and clears up after himself (although has a maddening habit of leaving the hot tap in
the bathroom dripping), but he is still in bachelor mode a bit and doesn't actually do anything for me as such. He is generally clean and tidy, so just does that anyway. I made him breakfast this morning after he'd stayed in bed until 11 and now he's gone off to the pub for the afternoon. I am pregnant, heavy and tired and looking after my DS (not his).

How do I get him to start cherishing and taking care of me in return? Hinting? Asking? Do i just expect it from him from the word go - or do I just accept that he's not like that and I'll have to take care of myself?

Bloodymary Sun 18-Sep-11 17:03:42

Aaargh, lucky lucky you.

AnyFucker Sun 18-Sep-11 17:11:03

LIS, is you accept selfish attitudes from the get-go then you will always be battling them

Don't hint. Ask. If that doesn't work, tell. If that doesn't work, be prepared to walk away. But be very clear about what is/isn't acceptable. I had some "readjustments" to make in DH's role in our early years together. Thankfully, he is a fair and decent man brought up nicely by his mum, so he acknowledged and accepted my viewpoint.

I am in this club too. But it's no more than any woman deserves.

BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 17:21:40

Message withdrawn

Yama Sun 18-Sep-11 17:22:05

Lifeissweet - you are pregnant and he slept in until 11, had breakfast and then left you to go to the pub?

I would say that not accepting this treatment would be a start.

Annpan88 Sun 18-Sep-11 17:23:10

Lovely smile DH (without complaining) always gets up with DS in the morning after I've fed him as I'm up all night bfing. Aand this morning he made me a bacon sandwich and ran me a bath.

The rugby makes me feel a bit better about him getting up!

Lifeissweet Sun 18-Sep-11 17:29:56

Oh dear. Ok. I'll start growing a pair. I think I just didn't want to turn into the stereotypical nagging woman as soon as he moved in. I do feel a bit bad, because he works ridiculous hours and he isn't usually off at weekends, so he probably does deserve a bit of time to himself. I do worry a little bit that this will carry on when the baby's here though

I like looking after people, though, and I'm fiercely independent myself and not very good at letting people do things for me - I certainly would never ask. I suppose I just wish he would do things for me just because he wants to - not because I've asked him to, IYSWIM. Maybe he's just not like that. Time will tell...

Lifeissweet Sun 18-Sep-11 17:31:53

and Bombay, I think he may turn out to be a bit like your DH. He can't cook for toffee, but wants to learn and he watches me when I'm cooking so he can have a go too. I am probably complaining way too much. I think it would just be nice to have a spontaneous nice gesture!

DownbytheRiverside Sun 18-Sep-11 17:34:36

You don't need to nag constantly, just pick the few key things that matter to you and work on them first. And remember to notice when he has been thoughtful, and encourage him to notice when you have.
My marriage still has 'please', 'thank you' and 'do you mind if?'
as part of our vocabulary. We like to appreciate each other. But it has to be equally done.

Gissabreak Sun 18-Sep-11 17:35:18

Message withdrawn

BOMBAYANDMJONICE Sun 18-Sep-11 17:37:21

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now