Talk

Advanced search

To think this woman is probably the MIL from hell?

(13 Posts)
megapixie Sun 18-Sep-11 05:53:28

I work in a shit job on tills in a busy high street shop. It is one where people stack their baskets on the side of the till. It gets very very busy and it was the busied time of week (Sat lunch) and I hadn't had chance to move my baskets for some time.

Anyway, this woman and her son (looked early twenties) came to my till. She had their basket and because my basket pile was so high I could barely reach inside. He very kindly offered to move them for me, I accepted and thanked him and said how helpful that was as I would't have been able to carry them all at once.

His Mother snapped in "Stop blushing love, he's spoken for" so I just said "Oh well so am I, I was just thanking him for being kind and doing me a favor" "Well he's got a girlfriend, love and doesn't need you flirting with him. Don't get too flustered." Meanwhile her poor son looked so embarrassed he didn't say another word to me.

shock I gave her her change and said goodbye while thinking his poor, poor girlfriend.

Unless, she was actually his girlfriend and not his mum and that's why she was so upset? grin

GotArt Sun 18-Sep-11 06:04:45

grin May we send virtual strength to the girlfriend to contend with what looks like a train wreck waiting to happen with MIL at the helm. lol

learningtofly Sun 18-Sep-11 07:05:59

So he did you a favour, you thanked him and the lady became defensive?

What is the world coming too when you can't do something nice for someone without there being an ulterior motive sad

plantsitter Sun 18-Sep-11 07:08:22

Are you sure she wasn't his girlfriend? Happens.

OpenMouthInsertFoot Sun 18-Sep-11 09:45:20

Sounds like she was his girlfriend to me.

LadyGooGoo Sun 18-Sep-11 09:51:41

Yep, girlfriend or scary Oedipal thing going on confused

ledkr Sun 18-Sep-11 09:52:57

This is where the giant raspberry always comes in handy grin

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 09:58:14

heh heh

Imagine being the sort of person to whom

"Thank you"

goes into the ear canal and then reaches the brain as

"Mwah ha ha ha ha I AM GOING TO SHAG EVERY MAN YOU HOLD DEAR, TWICE, HA HA HAHAAA"

Every day must be such a trial.

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 10:00:32

Oh and op, UABU you work in a shop, the service industry. Were you not aware this gives complete nutters the right to treat you like a piece of shit? wink

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Sun 18-Sep-11 10:11:47

Yanbu, my mil at weekend asked her thirty odd year old son if he "wanted mummy to carry his coat" ... it had stopped raining, these women are wrong
G,,I'm reeling from a week of incessant stupidity, I dont even have my own mum to offload this stupidity on!

notherdaynotherdollar Sun 18-Sep-11 10:14:47

my mil at weekend asked her thirty odd year old son if he "wanted mummy to carry his coat"

sorry but i think that says a lot about all parties to that incident grin

Flisspaps Sun 18-Sep-11 10:16:31

She could have been his girlfriend's mum!

Honeydragon Sun 18-Sep-11 10:34:37

Good point fliss
Therefore already mil from hell

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now