Talk

Advanced search

CSA when changed to CMEC

(38 Posts)
sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 17:45:49

Thank god the CSA is going to change 2012 (CMEC) the sooner the better! my ex hides his commission which more than doubles his salary 2012 is the year when I'll get what i'm entitled to CMEC will get gross salary from DWP and you will get what you are entitled too. Is their any other PWC out their in the same situation?

splashymcsplash Sat 17-Sep-11 18:07:22

I didn't know about this change. Can you link to an article?

I don't get any support for my dd. Trying to reach a private arrangement as I know how useful csa is.

fuckityfuckfuckfuck Sat 17-Sep-11 18:10:02

My ex works cash in hand. But you do know they intend to charge for their 'services' in future. They don't know their arse from their elbow.

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 20:13:21

Hi Splash go onto the nacsa.uk website it will probably be later 2012 I think you will have to pay but my circumstances will change as he will have to pay me double what I get now from CSA so it's worth it!

Cash in hand will be very difficult to prove unless it goes through the DWP I'm not sure what they will do!.

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 20:15:35

Also the CMEC apparently will just take the money out of their personal account if they refuse to pay they will have the powers!

slavetofilofax Sat 17-Sep-11 20:17:39

If I could believe it really was going to be like that, and they would do their job well, I would be much more excited.

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 20:18:39

CMEC will be 16% of gross earnings taken from the DWP and if your ex earns more than £800 per week they will take an extra 12% that's for two children! this is great news for me. His ducking & diving will end.

Andrewofgg Sat 17-Sep-11 20:19:37

If CMEC are vastly more successful than CSA watch out for threads here started by second DWs and DPs complaining about unfairness!

But no power on earth will be able to do much about the NRP who lies to ex, DWP, and HMRC - and probably has umpteen other debts and a string of creditors who can and will threaten the sort of violence which no emanation of the state can use.

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 20:25:41

Let's hope the CMEC are much more successful than the CSA have made a complete mess, I'm sure they can't be any worse than CSA!!!!!!!!!.

youarekidding Sat 17-Sep-11 20:31:25

Will the new agency chase fuckwit NRP who live abroad and still claim they 'can't afford' to pay for their child?

sand12 Sat 17-Sep-11 20:36:06

Not sure it only states regarding the DWP my ex holds back his commission for 3 months sends payslips x 3 then gets a bumper 4th month pay! so CMEC will work 4 me.

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 08:58:42

No youarekidding CMEC has no jurisdiction against an NRP, fuckwit or not, outside the UK. Just like similar outfits in other countries cannot barge in and claim money from NRPs living here. Not rocket science.

AuntieMonica Sun 18-Sep-11 09:05:27

and will you be so pleased when you read this then?

whatever the system is called, it's out to penalise the RP. again

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 09:08:17

If you chase a debt through lawyers, they will charge; if you go to court there are fees. In principle I see no reason why CMEC should be free. Having said which AuntieMonica I can see why you would hit the roof about this.

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 09:11:31

Harsh andrew. In fact there IS something called a REMO that chases NRP in countries that agree to pursue a maintenence order (mainly EU). I am currently doing one and just wondered if this would continue or it would pass to the CMEC.

So shove your rocket..................

notherdaynotherdollar Sun 18-Sep-11 09:12:11

like Judge Judy says, you picked em grin

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 09:17:04

Yes, youarekidding but it is not very efficient - and it does not work outside a small number of countries.

I will shove the rocket as suggested but can it cool down first?

As for harsh, I would not dare say what notherdaynotherdollar did!

AuntieMonica Sun 18-Sep-11 09:17:05

that's not remotely funny notherday

i really chose my 1st husband for the violent alcoholic bully he morphed into

and you know what? the CSA penalised ME for not providing enough details for them to contact him.
i worked, and they stopped a weekly amount from my Tax Credits as 'punishment' until i coughed up with an address.

still, it was my bed...hmm

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 09:19:06

At least my stupid Ex was stupid enough to give me his current address as he really beleived I wanted to send a gift/card for his wedding. hmm

He's gone from Spain to Germany so I am able to get a REMO against him.

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 09:19:28

Well notherday I told you . . .

youarekidding Sun 18-Sep-11 09:20:53

and yes andrew I think notherdays comment may have given you a reprieve - can I have my hot rocket back please? grin

Andrewofgg Sun 18-Sep-11 09:26:26

Rocket on the way!

I have some (professional) experience of REMO from which I know this. In this country if you get an attachment of earnings order for child maintenance or indeed xw maintenance it takes priority over any such order in favour of ordinary creditors. In some countries where attachment of earnings is the method of choice for enforcing debt that is not so and the NRP must wait in the queue and will get nothing till the other debt is paid off in full. Don't know how that works in Germany youarekidding but I wish you luck. I can't help thinking that next time he moves he may be a bit more careful about giving you an address . . . and also that one fine day you will be in competition with your successor.

Snorbs Sun 18-Sep-11 09:38:50

We're told that CMEC will be able to do this and CMEC will be able to do that. But those powers will mean bugger-all unless CMEC that decides to use them. The CSA has some quite powerful options available to it but they rarely get used because they can't be arsed to go to all that effort it's not cost effective to spend that much time on a single case.

sand12 Sun 18-Sep-11 10:26:32

My ex is costing the CSA a fortune every 3 or 4 months he is reporting a change of circumstances and holding back his commission for 3 months and then getting a very healthy 4th month! so I then have to go to appeals then it starts all over again!

sand12 Sun 18-Sep-11 10:28:23

I have been waiting since May to get my payment schedule and then he has just reported another change in circumstances so the CMEC i think would be better for me as it is calculated over the past year from DWP

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now