loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think exh is a bloody joke

(16 Posts)
nojustificationneeded Sat 17-Sep-11 12:24:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabbyChic Sat 17-Sep-11 12:25:22

Absent fathers can never seem to get their priorities right.

WiiUnfit Sat 17-Sep-11 12:26:38

If your XH is not standing up to his responsibilities associated with his DD then yes, he is a bloody joke. Even if he cannot afford to contribute financially, he should still make the effort to see her.

WiiUnfit Sat 17-Sep-11 12:27:08

Fabby, your post is completely one-sided. A lot of Dad's who don't live with their DC's are fantastic.

Popple Sat 17-Sep-11 12:29:39

Oh my God....what a complete & utter tosspot! Urgghh, so tacky and soooo shallow. I wouldn't push for your dc to have this man in her life. Rings alarm bells for many years of broken promises and empty gestures! .

Bloodymary Sat 17-Sep-11 12:32:44

He is a joke and a waste of oxygen.
She is nothing more then a trophy to him, hence the tattoo of her name on his arm.
So sad for your DD.

DoMeDon Sat 17-Sep-11 12:33:16

YANBU. What a berk.

Fabby said absent fathers - Dad's who are fantastic are not absent they just don't live with DC full-time.

DoMeDon Sat 17-Sep-11 12:34:56

Let him continue on his path to alienating his child. You continue on your chosen path - be a great and supportive parent. Well done for trying to keep communication open between them but let him take the opportunity or not - his loss.

WiiUnfit Sat 17-Sep-11 12:35:24

Sorry, misunderstood! I thought she meant Father's who don't live with DC's. Apologies Fabby.

nojustificationneeded Sat 17-Sep-11 12:38:27

WhoWhoWhoWho Sat 17-Sep-11 12:39:07

YANBU

Like another poster said even if he were poor (which clearly he isn't if he can afford a £60 tattoo), he could still be seeing her on a regular basis. Don't try and force him to be a decent parent though, he is who he is unfortunately and I recall many a saturday sat staring out the window waitin for dad to show. sad

DoMeDon Sat 17-Sep-11 12:39:57

She will be blinded by the light of love hmm He will have raft of excuses, maybe even say you cause access problems. Manipulators find a way to get their victims on board. Looking back- did he feed you a sob story to make you fall for him?

nojustificationneeded Sat 17-Sep-11 12:45:25

DoMeDon Sat 17-Sep-11 12:46:55

Probably - sounds like a prize - you're both well rid.

TunaTiebacks Sat 17-Sep-11 13:02:31

Am in a very similar position OP, ex hardly ever pays maintenance, hasn't seen DS for weeks but goes round with tattoos of his name and showing off photos and videos of DS. Makes me sick really, but have accepted now that he's just fucking useless. It makes me glad and upset at the same time to think that one day DS will realise for himself what an arse his dad is. Glad because I won't have to pretend that daddy is 'busy' all the time any more, but sad because I wish I'd chosen a better dad for him sad

Not got any helpful advice really, just wanted to offer a bit of moral support and say you're not alone.

susiedaisy Sat 17-Sep-11 13:21:28

These sort of men can talk the talk but can never walk the walksad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now