Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to expect jeans in the same size, style and shop to fit the same?

(18 Posts)
warmandwooly Sat 17-Sep-11 09:17:06

Maddingly annoying that they don't!

warmandwooly Sat 17-Sep-11 09:21:38

From the same shop i meant...

redexpat Sat 17-Sep-11 11:26:29

YANBU. How about size consistency across shops? That's a joke!

GlitterySkulls Sat 17-Sep-11 11:29:45

yanbu, this pees me right off.

i remember once a few years ago, i bought two pairs of jeans which were the same in every way except the colour. luckily i tried them on before i bought them- the black pair were a 12, the light pair were a 16 confused

how can that be possible?

GlitterySkulls Sat 17-Sep-11 11:30:44

oh, and at the time i was a 10 in most shops ( even more confused )

missmogwi Sat 17-Sep-11 11:36:26

YANBU gets right on my wick.

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Sat 17-Sep-11 11:38:24

YABU Where is your sense of adventure? wink

Thelmapeace Sat 17-Sep-11 11:44:43

I bought a pair of jeans from Next at the beginning of the summer and liked them so much that I bought another pair before I went on holiday in August. Didn't bother trying on since they were supposedly exactly the same. They were so tight and uncomfortable that I compared the two and there was a 2 inch difference in the waistband.

Took them back and the assistant just said that they were probably made in different places. So that's alright then!

YANBU.

chickydoo Sat 17-Sep-11 11:45:03

Jeans....weird sizing...
Boden size 8 enormous, could fit 3 people and a bag of cakes in to them!
Sivy....size 26 (8ish) not past my thighs
Rock and republic, ok if you have legs as long as a giraffe.
Next size 6.....huge!!!! weird.
Levi big in waist too short (26)

Zara size 8 perfect.....At last

idlevice Sat 17-Sep-11 11:46:32

I was told by a bra-fitter that different bras in the same style & size can fit differently if they are a different colour as the dye used can affect the fabric differently. Altho you'd think manufacturers would compensate for this.

TrillianAstra Sat 17-Sep-11 11:47:44

If they are exactly the same then one pair must have been defective, no?

Or if there's a period of time between then they're not really the same style, they are the new model with the same name.

BarbaraWoodlouse Sat 17-Sep-11 11:50:20

This has happened to me in Gap at least twice.

Buy one pair. Like. Go back, no more than 4-6 weeks later and purchase the same style, size (even colour on one occasion) and 2nd size way off. Once far too big. Once too small. Weird. And annoying. [Grr]

warmandwooly Sat 17-Sep-11 11:54:22

I keep thinking is it something to do with how many times they have been washed. I know i bought them at different times but surely that shouldn't be an issue??is it the stetchiness of them? Tis a mystery!

Thelmapeace Sat 17-Sep-11 12:00:29

Same season, same style, same size on label but 2 inch difference. I am hoping that the too small ones were defective!

LadyClariceCannockMonty Sat 17-Sep-11 12:14:18

It is really annoying. I think the explanation is that clothes within one shop (even those supposedly the same style/size etc) can be made in a number of different factories in a different batch. Trying on is the only foolproof solution, but it's so tedious.

hidingfornow Sat 17-Sep-11 12:14:30

YABU! Who doesn't like guessing which size 12's will actually fit... grin

missmogwi Sat 17-Sep-11 12:20:19

Thema I have had this with Next jeans. The second pair was bought week later and they were really tight. I also like to think they were defective grin

I often think they should do in-between sizes at times I've needed an 11 or a 13.

Stoirin Sat 17-Sep-11 12:37:24

JeansWest in Australia do 11, 13, 15 etc, and about 8 dif leg lengths too. Unfortunately I don't live in Australia anymore. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now