Talk

Advanced search

trouser stealing

(30 Posts)
peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:44:57

I have a pair of sweat pants i wear for slumming it around the house, and bed. I had to buy a new pair because DP kept wearing my other ones. When i bought them i showed him them and specifically asked him not to wear them.
So he puts them on tonight angry. I ask him to take them off, he says he will later, i say no, now please. He refuses saying he'll take them off later.
I get really wound up and end up in a big strop.
He starts saying that im stupid and crazy, i say that if he just took them off in the first place non of this would have happend! He continues to call me crazy!
AIBU to think that if he had just taken them off non of this would have happend, or am i infact crazy?

BatsUpMeNightie Fri 16-Sep-11 21:46:13

Are you both 12?

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:46:55

you would think! blush

Bluebell99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:48:56

No he is definately being unreasonable. What is he doing wearing women's trousers anyway. Next time get really girly ones. I had to do this with socks to prevent my dh wearing mine (altho I don't get too het up about socks) but I would be peeved if he was wearing my trousers!

thisisyesterday Fri 16-Sep-11 21:51:32

he sounds like a bit of a twat tbh.

why does he need to wear your clothes. that's really quite weird isn't it?

can you show him this thread and point out that it's a BIT STRANGE TO KEEP WEARING WOMEN'S CLOTHES MRPETERPAN!!!

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:51:40

yeah im not sure that would stop him as he happily swans around in my white and pink dressing gown!

RightUpMyRue Fri 16-Sep-11 21:51:46

Go upstairs and put on every piece of his clothing you can find.

That'll learm him.

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:53:42

grin thats a great idea!

TiggyD Fri 16-Sep-11 21:56:51

Congratulations, your DP is a transvestite. Introduce him to people as such.

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 21:58:06

pmsl tiggy

thisisyesterday Fri 16-Sep-11 21:59:41

but why? does he not have any tracksuit trousers of his own? or a dressing gown?

if not then that's his christmas present sorted.

actually, if i were you i would do the following:
every time he puts on your clothes say "oh, that looks great on you darling, you can keep it"
the next day go out and buy yourself a new one to replace it.

keep going until he owns hundreds of pairs of women's tracksuit bottoms and dressing gowns.

then tell his friends

mummyzoe2012 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:01:55

i wear my dp's tracki bottoms and shorts around the house since ive became pregnant as they are so comfy. but if my dp wore mine i would kick off big time

IsSamNormansDad Fri 16-Sep-11 22:02:31

Agree with RightupmyRue, wear every piece of clothing he owns, go commando and do lunges wink

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:03:14

he has his own trackies and a pair of mine i donated as he wore farted in them so often!
Yeah i think i'll get a pic of him in my clothes and distribute it accordingly

BatsUpMeNightie Fri 16-Sep-11 22:03:44

Take pics of him fannying about it girls clothes and post them on FB! That might make him sit up and think!

slavetofilofax Fri 16-Sep-11 22:04:26

Do what Rue said. Please, do it now and then post back with his reaction. You could do what Joey in Friends did to Chandler when he put on all his clothes, in loads of layers all on top of eachother.

Thinking of your house makes me smile

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:06:19

he'd probably try and get to wash them all afterwards! i think i might hide all of his trousers so he has to wear mine to go out in!mwhahahaha
Then he will be exposed as the cross dresser he is!grin

AgentZigzag Fri 16-Sep-11 22:30:28

I used to see a bloke who used to like wearing my kegs.

It didn't do a whole lot for me tbf.

I wore DHs t shirts when I was pregnant with DD1, he wasn't too happy to get them back with two huge baggy bits on the chest area grin

thisisyesterday Fri 16-Sep-11 22:33:17

"wear every piece of clothing he owns, go commando and do lunges"

sadly I think that may have the opposite effect than intended

YY to lunges!

Never mind him calling you crazy; did he carefully go through your wardrobe/drawers to find the pair of trousers he'd been specifically told not to wear? That's more than a little weird right there...

You won't often hear me say this, but I think pink is very much the way forward here. Hello Kitty? Disney princesses maybe? grin

peterpan99 Fri 16-Sep-11 22:47:59

ooh yeah i reackon i could just about pull off hello kitty! grin

thisisyesterday Fri 16-Sep-11 22:54:14

and sparkles. lots of sparkles.

or you could be really mean and just put a whole load of itching powder in them and sit back and wait for him to wear them again.

IsSamNormansDad Fri 16-Sep-11 22:58:10

How about these ones?
He will look a right tit in them - you could post ics on FB.

IsSamNormansDad Fri 16-Sep-11 22:58:34

pics, not ics obviously.

Inertia Fri 16-Sep-11 22:59:17

Sounds as though he's doing it on purpose to wind you up. I know it's a control-issue cliche, but is it about him trying to put you in your place and show you who's boss- or does he genuinely see it as a bit of a lark? Clearly it's not just an oversight or mix-up, as he's specifically hunted out the one pair of trousers you asked him not to wear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now