Talk

Advanced search

Argh Tax credits!!!

(13 Posts)
buterflies Fri 16-Sep-11 14:45:24

I need to put in a new claim for tax credits, they have stopped my old claim and are sending out a new claim for which could take up to TWO WEEKS!

Then once I have filled it in and sent it off my claim will take another FOUR WEEKS (from when they receive it) to process.

Bearing in mind I have had to leave my job through ill health AIBU in thinking this takes the P**s?

whackamole Fri 16-Sep-11 14:47:35

Can't you just ring them? I have never filled out a form, just rung them. So far (touch wood!) only one very minor mistake made which didn't alter the amount I got anyway - and was easily rectified.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Fri 16-Sep-11 14:48:05

I really think the CTC system needs to be overhauled. It seems to me that it's very inefficient.

aldiwhore Fri 16-Sep-11 14:51:38

Only read the title but that was enough for me to say YANBU!!!!

FabbyChic Fri 16-Sep-11 14:56:06

YOu can do it all over the phone, no need to wait for forms.

I have never had a problem with them at all. Always sorted anything out immediately. And never had problems receiving payment

Migsy1 Fri 16-Sep-11 15:06:09

They have been a PITA for me! The latest blow is that although I repeatedly informed them of my income, they did not update it for 6 months and now I owe over £1000!!!!

Moominsarescary Fri 16-Sep-11 15:25:05

We waited 13 weeks had one payment then realised they had missed 3 of us off the claim, claim was stopped and so far we have been waiting 12 weeks and still nothing

buterflies Fri 16-Sep-11 16:55:29

They wont do it over the phone. Usually they do but for some reason this time they wont allow me to and its being classed as a new claim. Very annoying!

pinkthechaffinch Fri 16-Sep-11 17:18:01

you can also avoid the 0845 number if you use saynoto0870.com.

sleepevader Fri 16-Sep-11 17:22:48

Why has it stopped?

buterflies Fri 16-Sep-11 22:35:32

Stopped cos of change in circumstances, they messed up so now decided I need to do an entirely new claim. Just hope its sorted for end of October.

workshy Fri 16-Sep-11 22:46:35

They make me so mad
I renewed in plenty of time (and received new awards notice confirming this), but week after the deadline they sent me a letter saying that because I hadn't renewed in time then they had stopped my payments and I owed everything back that they had paid this year
I received this letter the day the payment was due in my bank!
rang them up, they admitted it was their fault but apparently now had to treat it as a new claim -took them 6 weeks to send out my new award notice and they have halved my payments! -rang them to querry it to be told that is what the computer says but if at renewal they find out I have been underpaid I will get it in a lump sum

so they leave me 10 weeks with no money and then tell me I can have the money in June?? possibly???????????????????????????????

can anyone actually work out how their own payments are calculated?

computer says nooooooo!

ENormaSnob Fri 16-Sep-11 22:53:16

I have no idea how the system works, only that it is pretty shit.

Our payments this year are only marginally less than last year despite our income being almost double confused

I have kept every letter they have sent me and have double checked all the figures because I am almost certain they will tell me I have been overpaid.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now