Talk

Advanced search

for watching shows about Physics on tv?

(20 Posts)
kerrymumbles Fri 16-Sep-11 10:34:28

Cause I'm an idiot and don't get most of it but try really hard because I find it fascinating.

MillyR Fri 16-Sep-11 10:35:53

I find it really hard to learn about Physics from watching tv shows. I think it is easier just to look at DS's school text book.

kerrymumbles Fri 16-Sep-11 10:39:40

i don't know if I'm able for that blush

there was one guy who did a series, (youngish with floppy hair, can't remember the name) who I could follow. enjoyed those.

chill1243 Sat 17-Sep-11 12:49:45

Physics is difficult; but do it if it enthuses you.

reallytired Sat 17-Sep-11 12:53:58

What is wrong with being interested in Physics? Is the guy with the floppy hair you are thinking of called "Brian Cox"?

I loved physics although doing a physics degree has somewhat bluned my enthusiam.

Tianc Sat 17-Sep-11 13:12:43

YANBU.

And you mean the delish Prof Brian Cox. Who himself started in physics after seeing the TV show Cosmos by the great Carl Sagan.

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 13:16:48

yes. yes. brian cox. his shows were great. he made them simple for pea-brains like myself.

the great questions of the universe.

does one have to be a maths genius to understand all this?

AnyoneButLulu Sat 17-Sep-11 13:25:22

YABU for preferring Brian Cox and his million airmiles and tendency to pose on mountain tops to the lovely Professor Jim Al Khalili, but otherwise no YANBU (although heaven help you when the Thread Police arrive).

yanbu try reading 'how to teach quantum physics to your dog' its great. my 15 yo ds loved it, he is a physics fan and loves brian cox.

Whatmeworry Sat 17-Sep-11 13:28:29

Watch The Big Bang Theory, it is brilliant smile

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 13:54:14

i only like him because I can understand him! honest!

[i can stand up to any thread police, dont you worry grin]

stepaway - i've no doubt a 15 year old would be smarter than me in regards to maths\science, will I "get" the book?

sure you will kerrymumbles, is it you with the poorly nose?

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 14:10:17

it is. sad

stellarpunk Sat 17-Sep-11 14:11:32

YANBU!

I am a physics teacher. Physics is fab. More should do as you; they are the unreasonable ones!

LeBOF Sat 17-Sep-11 14:15:28

I love watching physics shows. The thing with all of them though, is that I understand it perfectly while I'm watching it, and then my brain tips it all on the floor again once I've switched over. So all I'm left with is Brian gazing prettily into the distance.

oh kerrymumbles hope you feeling better and the shower did not start it off again.

LeBOF Sat 17-Sep-11 14:18:30

If you like Prof Cox, you really really must watch this, btw.

PenguinArmy Sat 17-Sep-11 14:19:21

I've done a physics degree and PhD and still like watching them. The more I studied the more general knowledge I lost. I also like getting tips on how to communicate science, so find that aspect fascinating.

kerrymumbles Sat 17-Sep-11 14:23:29

that's about my level BOF grin

cheekeymonkey Sat 17-Sep-11 15:41:07

Did it really say 'fuck' on the moon? Think his arms look a bit thin. Rest of him gorgeous!
I nearly said YABU because I read the post too quickly and thought it said 'psychics on tv' blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now