Talk

Advanced search

In thinking you shouldnt have to buy all your stationery?

(5 Posts)
laptopdancer Fri 16-Sep-11 10:07:17

AIBU and have I just been spoilt elsewhere.
If you work in an educational facility, say a school or university, surely some stationery should be supplied?

mumeeee Fri 16-Sep-11 10:09:57

I think some stationary should be provided but there again the pupils have to provide their own staionary.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 16-Sep-11 10:11:59

You'd think wouldn't you hmm

I work in an FE college 2 evenings a week - I have spent about £120 on stationery and resources in the last year - it's been more than 10% of my tiny salary from this evening job. There is no one around in the evening and they don't provide anything anyway.

redexpat Fri 16-Sep-11 10:17:56

Perhaps they assume everything is done electronically, rendering pens and paper useless? Could you email-call HR about this during the day because it really does take the piss.

ChunkyPickle Fri 16-Sep-11 10:29:32

Pupils have to provide their own stationary now?

When I was at Primary school I wasn't allowed to use my own things, then at secondary school I had to provide pen/pencil/that kind of stuff but paper exercise books and A4 when I was older was provided (although I did buy my own A4 too, for taking extra notes)

I think that if stationery is needed to do the job (much beyond a biro) then it should be provided really, otherwise I think you should be allowed to claim it back from tax as a working expense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now