Talk

Advanced search

To be completely mortified.

(21 Posts)
Grumpystiltskin Fri 16-Sep-11 08:45:52

I work in an exclusively male environment, I have to get changed in the locker room which in itself doesn't bother me as I have only ever seen one bloke in there at the time I get into work so I just went round the corner. No problems. However yesterday I was in a hurry and I packed my bag quickly.

This morning I got into work and found three tampons (still wrapped!) neatly lined up on the bench outside my locker, blush

I tell myself that these are all grown men, most of whom are married with children and clearly a working knowledge of the female reproductive system. They are all my patients though and I will definitely blush when I see them!

Imnotaslimjim Fri 16-Sep-11 08:47:41

I wouldn't be mortified, I'd laugh! Have a giggle with them about it, it will relieve the tension. As you said, they all know what they're for, nothing to be embarrassed about!

chinam Fri 16-Sep-11 08:47:46

I'm mortified for you grin I'm sure you are right and they will all be mature about it.

CailinDana Fri 16-Sep-11 08:47:49

I don't get it, sorry. Are you saying you left your tampons behind, and they left them out for you to collect this morning? What are you mortified about? <thick emoticon>

winnybella Fri 16-Sep-11 08:47:53

Wouldn't bother me at all, tbh. It's just menstruation, normal thing, no?

hester Fri 16-Sep-11 08:50:45

It honestly wouldn't bother me. Complete mortification = totally unnecessary, IMO.

CailinDana Fri 16-Sep-11 08:51:47

I'm still not really getting it. What's the mortification about?

Grumpystiltskin Fri 16-Sep-11 08:52:10

OK, feeling slightly better now. It's just that I stick out like bollocks on a bulldog anyway being to only laydee.

Thank you. I am unmortified.

Birdsgottafly Fri 16-Sep-11 08:55:41

It wouldn't bother me, either. If your female, generally you bleed once a month.

A little fact about tampons, troups use them to plug bullet wounds.
They were invented by the Eygyptians, for female use, but were then developed as a wound dressing, so men have been using them for centuries. I don't see the problem, or is it just menstrual blood that should be thought of as shameful.

CailinDana Fri 16-Sep-11 08:57:49

I wouldn't see any difference between that and leaving a packet of tissues or a hairbrush behind tbh.

Bugsy2 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:13:00

I'd pretend not to be mortified, but inside I would be. Stupid I know & yes, all women bleed every month - but somehow having tampons put carefully in front of my locker would embarrass me! I think it is because it is so personal, rather than anything else.

Icelollycraving Fri 16-Sep-11 09:16:36

As long as they were unused,is no problem! Could be worse,could be maternity pads or big pair of period pants.

allhailtheaubergine Fri 16-Sep-11 09:21:02

Nope. Wouldnt bother me. Unmortify, op.

Orchid49 Fri 16-Sep-11 09:21:51

I have to admit i think i'd just laugh. Unused, who cares? grin

pictish Fri 16-Sep-11 09:24:43

Wouldn't bother me in the least!

HyperTrace Fri 16-Sep-11 09:30:14

I think i'd find it funny!

LDNmummy Fri 16-Sep-11 09:30:40

No biggie, if they actually used their hands to touch the tampons in order to line them up for you nicely, then I doubt they are of the pre-pubescent nature that makes some men think anything remotely to do with women's monthly cycles are shocking or gross.

hester Fri 16-Sep-11 09:45:17

Now, used tampons I would find a bit mortifying, yes.

Fully wrapped, my day is good smile

Grumpystiltskin Fri 16-Sep-11 09:48:19

These are all agreeing with my internal monologue, thanks again MNetters, I do feel significantly better now.

Grumpystiltskin Fri 16-Sep-11 10:15:58

Ah all fine, the guy with the locker opposite just came in with toothache, I didn't blush.

hester Fri 16-Sep-11 11:24:17

That's it, lady, play it cool and classy grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now