Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think her son won't be bullied again?

(8 Posts)
Mitmoo Fri 16-Sep-11 07:05:55

A mother threatened her son's bullies on a school bus with a baseball bat because she felt his school and the police 'did nothing' to help the youngster.
Natasha Hayley, 30, resorted to extreme measures after her 11-year-old's tormentors assaulted and robbed him.

A judge said although she had been 'incredibly stupid', he said he was not going to deprive her children of their mother by sending her to prison.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037646/Natasha-Hayley-threatened-sons-bullies-baseball-bat-school-did-help.html#ixzz1Y5nxltZn

I know how frustrating it can be when schools can't deal with bullies, big time, and I know that the answer is to remove your child rather than to take a baseball bat to threaten the kids on the bus.

I can't help but think the child won't get bullied again, who would dare to take on his mum too?

YusMilady Fri 16-Sep-11 07:09:46

Alas, I think it's more probable that he will now be bullied even more.

mousesma Fri 16-Sep-11 07:11:12

Difficult one this one, I don't approve of her actions and I would imagine she scared the life out of a lot of other people on that bus as well as the bullies. I do however understand how desperate and powerless she must have felt when the police and the school would not protect her child.

Catslikehats Fri 16-Sep-11 07:12:25

He will now just be ridiculed for having a "mental mum" sad

Mitmoo Fri 16-Sep-11 07:16:38

Yep Queen that could happen too. I can kind of see how you can be driven to despair when you can't stop your child being bullied. I wonder what kind of reputation the school has for dealing with it.

The school I removed my son from has a reputation but people seems to be able to dismiss it as it's a "boys school". So glad I moved him from there, he's so much happier.

Probably I good thing I didnt wait at the gates clubbed up. grin

CustardCake Fri 16-Sep-11 08:04:03

I hope that's the end of it for all of them and they can move on but I do sort of see where she's coming from:

If you or I walked down the street today and were jumped on and robbed or beaten up by a gang then the police would be all over the case. They'd be statements and, if the offenders were caught and proven to be involved, they would be punished. It would be quite a big deal and treated as such.

If you or I went to work today and one of our colleagues beat the hell out of us, that person would be sacked and we would never have to lay eyes on them again. We wouldn't lay awake at night worried sick if tomorrow's day at work would bring another beating or suffer them sneering at us that they'd got away with it.

But somehow, as a society, we think that the protection adults get doesn't extend to children and very little is ever done so in that sense I do not blame this woman for feeling so powerless to be driven to such extremes.

GypsyMoth Fri 16-Sep-11 09:54:18

I stepped in when my middle son was being bullied

I walked up to the main bully and said in a cheery voice ' hello!! Oh, I know who you are now, I know your Dad! How is he? I must arrange a catch up, not seen him for a while. Nice to meet you.'

His face was a picture, I didn't know his dad, but I had looked the kid up on Facebook, seen his dad on his friends list ( so I knew he had one)

Funnily enough, there has been no more trouble.

FabbyChic Fri 16-Sep-11 10:54:43

I'd step in if my son was being bullied. Not with a baseball bat though, and I'd certainly never hit someone, but I'd not stand by and let it happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now