Talk

Advanced search

to think that only a pretentious arse would dress his toddler dd in a Ramones t shirt?

(323 Posts)
bibbitybobbityhat Thu 15-Sep-11 23:37:19

I looked at the Dad.

I looked at his little chubby toddler daughter in her pink Ramones t shirt.

I thought "God you are a twat"

AIBU?

Cloudbase Thu 15-Sep-11 23:39:23

Yes

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 15-Sep-11 23:39:57

Yes: 1
No: 0

Lunabelly Thu 15-Sep-11 23:40:26

DS (2 1/2) has a Kiss tee and an Elvis tee.

My husband is a bit of a twat.

DogsBestFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 23:41:31

Nothing wrong with the Ramones. smile

Except that all those I've seen wearing the T shirts in recent years have been way too young to have ever seen them play live. sad

LineRunner Thu 15-Sep-11 23:42:14

Only because it's pink are you NB particularly U.

GreenEyesandNiceHam Thu 15-Sep-11 23:42:16

YANBU

there is a shop locally to me that sells stuff like that. Apparently Peppa Pig is so like, 2009, all the cool toddlers are sporting Che Guevara t-shirts.

piprabbit Thu 15-Sep-11 23:42:20

Given that a toddler's T-shirt always tells you more about the parents than the child YANBU.

But I feel the same about Disney Princesses and "I'm a monster" T-shirts.

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 15-Sep-11 23:43:26

Well that is more or less precisely my point Dogs.

mycatsaysach Thu 15-Sep-11 23:44:41

ds had a nirvana t shirt at about 8

mycatsaysach Thu 15-Sep-11 23:45:06

flame me wink

OOAOML Thu 15-Sep-11 23:46:55

DD got a Ramones tshirt when she was about 4 - yes, DH is into them, but DD had been listening to them and dancing round the room to them, she really liked the music.

theoldtrout01876 Thu 15-Sep-11 23:47:04

I had a sex pistols one for Dd2 when she was tiny (infant 6 months or so) It was a onesie grin
It was Anarchy in the pre K
done like the cover to Anarchy in the UK
I loved it grin

Tchootnika Thu 15-Sep-11 23:47:12

YANBU - he probably was never even into the Ramones.
In fact, I bet that had you have been closer, you'd have heard him humming some Chesney Hawkes ditty under his breath.
Fooling noone.
What a nobber.

BluddyMoFo Thu 15-Sep-11 23:47:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GreenEyesandNiceHam Thu 15-Sep-11 23:48:38

But at 8 a child would surely have some comprehension as to who Nirvana were grin

My 3yo wouldn't know Che Guevara if he came up and gave him a wedgie (I appreciate some MN children may know more about Che than I do)

Gillg57 Thu 15-Sep-11 23:49:09

YABU. What's the harm anyway?

SinicalSal Thu 15-Sep-11 23:49:36

I'd love a Ramones tshirt for DD, even though both of us are too young to have seen them live.

maybe I should get her a Mozart one.

mycatsaysach Thu 15-Sep-11 23:51:03

not really green eyes - i just felt i was too old to wear one myself grin

bibbitybobbityhat Thu 15-Sep-11 23:53:29

Agree that we dress our dc in what we want them to wear until they are old enough to argue. That is given.

My question is aibu to judge him for choosing to dress his little dd in a t shirt depicting a band who were much loved about 30 years ago and have absolutely no relevance in her little life. If he wore the Ramones t-shirt - no problem. But his dd is not an extension of him, he is just trying too hard to let us all know that even though he is now middle aged and spends his Saturdays in the swing park, he used to be a really cool fan of the Ramones.

And for all that he is a twat.

GreenEyesandNiceHam Thu 15-Sep-11 23:54:52

Ok.

But at 8 surely you could pretend a child had some comprehension as to who Nirvana were?

grin

Cloudbase Thu 15-Sep-11 23:56:34

Bibbity, you are talking me round....

mycatsaysach Thu 15-Sep-11 23:56:36

yes but he wanted a limp bizkit one

<shudder>

Tchootnika Thu 15-Sep-11 23:58:13

bib - I'm for some reason in gambling mode for this thread... but I bet she was given t-shirt by parents' friend. 'Tis always the way with Ramones/Stones t-shirts and small children.
Perhaps it was the only clean item available and the poor bloke was cringing all day, knowing everyone would consider him a complete tit.
I'd put good money on this being the case, truly...

ravenAK Thu 15-Sep-11 23:58:39

There are toddlers out there who don't love the Ramones? hmm

They should be rounded up & have 'Beat on the Brat' played to them, asap, so they learn the error of their ways.

Ds (7) has a Ramones t-shirt, & a Motorhead one which he nicked from me. He loves both bands (& Queen, & the Manics - he's all about the dadrock atm).

Dd2's first coherent sentence was 'Hey! Ho! Let's go!' as a result of listening to them in the car.

YABU grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now