Talk

Advanced search

to kick up a stink about this

(19 Posts)
nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 22:18:10

DS is to be a page boy on saturday. Went to pick up his suit today from moss bros and it's way too big, he looks ridiculous. We got measured 2 weeks ago but they claim the suit jacket is faulty but if they order another one it might be faulty too and the trousers are just the smallest ones they have.

DS is a very small 3 and I was worried this may happen so went in earlier this year to check that they would be able to accomodate his dimensions and they said it wouldn't be a problem.

Am I being unreasonable to think they should source one and get it couriered to me in time for the wedding?

WreckaJones Thu 15-Sep-11 22:23:24

How is a suit jacket 'faulty'? Do they mean it's just the wrong size or is there something else wrong with it?

YANBU. When's the wedding? Have you taken a photo of him in the suit they have provided? Have you accepted the suit (e.g. taken it home)?

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 22:27:59

they think it might be sized wrong as it says its the same size as the one that fitted fine 2 weeks ago (and that I have a very blurry photo of him in). I left it with them to take the trousers up so haven't accepted it yet. Supposed to collect it tomorrow but will be ringing customer services first thing to try and get them to buy a suit elsewhere and get it to me in time.

The wedding is this Saturday 17th (at 12.30).

mamas12 Thu 15-Sep-11 22:31:04

Go there and kick up an almighty stink
They are taking the michael

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 22:32:24

Get your - this is the absolutley worst thing that could happen in the world head on and ask them what options there are just keep on at them - she who shouts loudest smile.

I hate doing it and having to be a pain in the arse with these people but they should do thier job properly in the first place!!

Dont give up they can get this sorted smile

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 22:36:08

I kicked off in the shop but we just went round in circles. They think I should have noticed that the trousers were too big when he got measured. Even though we didn't try on any trousers, they took measurements! And then they say well thats just the smallest they have. And then I say well why didnt you tell me this in June. and they say we can't do any measuring that early on...

Was so frustrating, all I could do to keep in the tears, while DS being so sweet pointing out all the other jackets hanging up that were much bigger than the one he had!

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 22:44:46

Can you go somewhere else?

Or could you go to a quickstitch or similar tailor type place to tack up or wonderweb the trousers up and take back down iron and return to the crap shop? I think my Mum would call it tacking them up?

Worst comes to worst could he wear the suit for the wedding and change into an outfit after the meal?

Very cute of your DS being so sweet smile

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 23:13:04

Not sure where else to go locally and also don't really want to risk fixing up the trousers and losing the £200 deposit! they can take them up though.

It's so silly - the hire cost £70 - you could buy 2 suits outright from m&s for that.

Thanks for the help. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow with customer services/shop.

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 23:15:27

Give 'em hell - cry if you have to smile

FabbyChic Thu 15-Sep-11 23:16:43

You can buy a decent suit nowadays for £50 why not buy one? Marks and Sparks? Asda? Tesco?

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 23:19:02

I would definately have bought one (and did offer to) but the groom ordered it with the rest of his party.

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 23:25:25

Could you contact the bride and ask her if she would mind leaving it in your hands to get one very close to the other men in the wedding party as one close to the rest of the men is better than one exactly the same but too big?

DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE A BRIDEZILLA grin

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 23:30:45

If it was that easy I definately would. Bride is pretty relaxed (at least she was a couple of weeks ago) and I'm sure she wouldn't mind but I don't have time to go round all the shops tomorrow to find one as we need to leave on Fri eve and I have to pack (plus have 6 week old). This is why I want to get Moss Bros to find one for me and send it out by courier. I don't think that is unreasonable?

amIbeingdaft Thu 15-Sep-11 23:32:48

Agree with others...get a suit yourself. BHS is good for 'pageboy' style suits.

amIbeingdaft Thu 15-Sep-11 23:35:10

Sorry, x-post. I don't think you're being unreasonable, I'd want to raise hell with Moss Bros too. But take a deep breath, because what you need is to solve your problem, and for that you're going to have to make time to get a suit elsewhere. If they didn't agree to sort it today, why do you think they'll change their minds tomorrow?

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 23:36:20

Nope its not unreasonable at all but it sounds like they are being crap so maybe just have buying a suit as plan b - if you cant do it and DS wears the too big suit im sure he will look very cute in it and it will be a story to tell him when he is older and looking at the photos smile

Dont stress it will all work out.

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 23:43:53

thanks everyone. One more question! Do you think it's ok if he doesn't have a jacket, just shirt, trousers, waistcoat and tie? Thinking hunting for some tiny grey trousers might be much more succesful than matching tails too

planetpotty Thu 15-Sep-11 23:47:26

If I was the bride and I had seen a pic (maybe text her one quickly) of just how too big the jacket is I would be fine with this (and I was a bridezilla!blush)

I think shirt, tie, waistcoat, trousers and button hole is most definately smart enough for a page boy and much more comfortable for DS (doing running slides on his knees Peter Kay style) I've been to loads of weddings where the Page Boy is not in full suit jacket.

nutterbutsquash Thu 15-Sep-11 23:53:17

thank you Planet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now