Talk

Advanced search

to be peed off with so called mate for cancelling again!

(6 Posts)
magicmonkee Thu 15-Sep-11 21:40:37

Need to vent. How come I dropped everything for her when she was going through some real crises in her life (death, divorce, job loss) and yet now when I'm feeling bit shit she is no where to be seen?

She's really changed since she hooked up with new bloke, granted she wants to make this relationship work but is that at the detriment of her friendships?

Supposed to be meeting for girlie night over weekend but she has cried off to hook up with him. This has happened lots over the last few months. Seriously thinking I should drop her as a mate as she is too wrapped up in herself.

AIBU?

cerealqueen Thu 15-Sep-11 21:43:53

YANBU. I've seen it so many times myself. Presumably when it all goes tits up she expects you to be there for her?

pictish Thu 15-Sep-11 21:45:03

So stop dropping everything to be there for her.

"Never make anyone a priority, if they'll only ever make you an option."

whackamole Thu 15-Sep-11 21:47:09

YANBU.

To my shame, I did this once....but in my defense I was 16 and he was my first boyfriend! WHen we split I apologised as I realised how annoying it must have been.

Tigerstripes Thu 15-Sep-11 21:49:54

YANBU. I have this exact same problem with my friend but has been going on since she met him 2 years ago and will now never change as they're getting married! You have to decide if the friendship is worth keeping in this new (and unwelcome) form or not. If not, drop her!

magicmonkee Thu 15-Sep-11 21:58:14

Thanks all, agreed we all do this at the beginning with new relationships but what about sisterhood?

She has always been a bit selfish tbh, expects you to be there for her calls, kids parties, etc but never reciprocated. New guy seems to be a bad influence too, she always at his place when she not with kids and he doesn't make effort to get to know her mates.

Going to keep my distance...fed up of it all. Wish I could scream at her and tell her what I think but not like that..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now