Talk

Advanced search

AIBU defecting to netmums because mumsnet is SO SLOW?

(27 Posts)
BustAMove Thu 15-Sep-11 16:18:45

Title says it all really. I feel like I have some form of dodgy dial up connection. Surely I can't be the only one??

Mumsnet is completely unusable at the moment, this message alone has taken me about half an hour, I could chew my own arm off with frustration.

I am going to embrace the tickers and the hun, and I will force myself to enjoy it.

Apologies if I can't reply to anybody, maybe you could reply to me on netmums instead.

ihatecbeebies Thu 15-Sep-11 16:19:32

I'm having no problems, neither on my phone or the computer.

BustAMove Thu 15-Sep-11 16:22:25

AHHHHHHH! don't tell me that! although as you can tell I'm on a roll at the moment. Must have managed about 4 mins! It's probably some dodgy anti virus thing my DH has installed.

usualsuspect Thu 15-Sep-11 16:24:15

Mine has slowed right down again this afternoon

ireallyagreewithyou Thu 15-Sep-11 16:24:30

its you

ArmageddonOuttahere Thu 15-Sep-11 16:24:41

you think NM with all that tickerage landfill will be more of a breeze to load?

MN is fine for me. Quick as a wink wink

Milsean Thu 15-Sep-11 16:25:04

MN might make your pc slow, but NM will make your brain run slower <and possibly make you want to top yourself>

WhoresHairKnickers Thu 15-Sep-11 16:25:31

<Shuns BAM the defector, hands over sunglasses and glass of syrup and a sick bucket>

Mine is fine too.

ShowMeTheMonet Thu 15-Sep-11 16:25:36

Mine is OK, I think <oblivious>

BustAMove Thu 15-Sep-11 16:31:21

Can't believe you're all ok. Popped onto netmums, purely for research purposes you understand, and all those tickers loaded for me as quick as a flash!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Thu 15-Sep-11 16:32:36

You're not alone.

I experienced similar problems earlier this week. Yesterday was fine and I was able to speedily to leave 2 reponses an hour or so ago but as the pages on this site are again taking an age to load, frustration reigns once more.

However, having paid one brief visit to nethuns via a link in a post about tickers, I'd rather cut my throat than join the fluffies.

FTR, nothing wrong with my wi-fi or my phone, netbook or laptop - I can rapidly access every other site I wish to browse.

What's going on, Mumsnet? I think we should be told....

kat2504 Thu 15-Sep-11 16:37:35

It's been fine for me all day long. Perhaps I should have been engaged in more productive activity this afternoon, but that is a different matter.

Its been 30 seconds since I last refreshed the list of threads I'm on.....

(can I have that in a sparkly pink ticker please?)

Proudnscary Thu 15-Sep-11 16:38:14

I've not experienced any problems on here - how annoying for you.

Netmums is awful and I am not jumping on the bandwagon by saying that. The 'hunni's' aside I can't stand the format and the nursery school colour palette.

Yes I am a snob.

GetAwayFromHerYouBitch Thu 15-Sep-11 16:40:17

Mine has also been very slow for a few days. Unusually.

Annoying as that is, I would not go there

hels71 Thu 15-Sep-11 16:43:38

Mine has been dreadfully slow for a couple of days now....but all other sites I visit are fine......

Tech (MNHQ) Thu 15-Sep-11 16:44:49

Hi all, we have a couple of plans to address the recent slowness, but they'll take a bit of time for us to implement / test etc. Please do bear with us while we get it sorted.

Incidentally, I seem to have fewer slowness problems if I use Chrome as my browser. If that's an option for you, you might try it?

kat2504 Thu 15-Sep-11 16:49:47

Hmm yes now I use Chrome all the time and I have had no issues the last couple of days so that might be worth the rest of you trying.

GetAwayFromHerYouBitch Thu 15-Sep-11 16:51:49

I am using Chrome

notherdaynotherdollar Thu 15-Sep-11 16:52:41

you can block the tickers easily enough

BustAMove Thu 15-Sep-11 16:53:04

Making a real effort to reply. Was bad yesterday aft, was ok this morn, fine last night, BAD BAD BAD this afternoon. I am now sounding like I spend suspiciously too much time on here! Thanks tech, have no idea what Chrome is, and feel I'm too old to find out, but good to know something is amiss, and it's not just me.

To be honest, went on netmums, found a thread on fruit shoots and was pretty much crying by the end of it. Plus, what no swearing???? Even damn had a little da*n, or I suppose it could have been darn. God, that's an even worse thought. Think I need to go and lie down for a bit.

CurrySpice Thu 15-Sep-11 16:56:12

I'm using Firefox and it's very quick

Awomancalledhorse Thu 15-Sep-11 16:56:49

From AIBU? to 'holy heck I was BU!' in 20 posts. grin

I try NM from time to time, and I can't cope with how every subject under the sun gets posted in general chat...I need to be somewhere, where posters will attempt to put stuff in the right categories <anal rant over>.

FootballFriendSays Thu 15-Sep-11 16:57:47

Why do you want to defecate on NM?

diddl Thu 15-Sep-11 16:58:19

No problems here either-Firefox.

JjandtheBeanlovesUnicorns Thu 15-Sep-11 16:58:30

All fine for me on my phone, ipod and pc. Netmums is amazingly slow with all the glittery shit, its slowness is what made ms search for a new forum and here I found my home

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: