Talk

Advanced search

to beg you, with tears in my eyes

(11 Posts)
Anniegetyourgun Thu 15-Sep-11 14:36:06

to explain to me the wolef thing? I've seen threads, but you already have to be in on it to know what they mean. I promise I won't shoot you with my wolef gun or change my name or even insist on joining in... I just want to know.

Please?

RedOnion Thu 15-Sep-11 14:38:00

Yeah I kind of want to know too but it feels a bit like the popular girls in the playground have got a secret they don't want to share with the dweebs.

AbsDuWolef Thu 15-Sep-11 14:39:29

Once upon a time, there was a thread in S&B (I believe) where pictures were posted of people in wolf fleeces. Then someone made a typo of "wolef" instead of "wolf". And then people started talking about "wolefs" and found each other amusing and ended up chatting and chatting on friends.

And lived happily ever after

until last week when everyone accused the wolefs of being an annoying quiche whereas anyone is welcome and the chatty threads are now in off the beaten track

FagAshLill Thu 15-Sep-11 14:40:13

I think it started with a post about those go awful wolf/dog fleeces you see certain people wear and grew from there.

TheOriginalFAB Thu 15-Sep-11 14:42:51

I think it could have started off as a typo, as Nobdie's did, and has gone on from there.

Byeckerslike Thu 15-Sep-11 14:43:16

Surely it's clique or is that another annoying group i don't know about

GeraldineAubergine Thu 15-Sep-11 14:43:57

i have a wolf fleece poncho. its exquisite. I'm the talk of the town wearing it. so there smile

Anniegetyourgun Thu 15-Sep-11 14:44:24

Thank you, Abs and FagAshLil. I don't think you're annoying at all; well I did as long as I didn't know what it was all about, but it's all right now.

Wolf fleeces, though, now that does sound a mite disturbing.

PelvicFloorsOfSteel Thu 15-Sep-11 14:46:30

Isn't there a bjitch connection too? I thought a poster called other people a pack of bjitches somewhere along the line and that had something to do with it. Maybe?

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 15-Sep-11 14:48:29

Surely groups like the wolefs or the nobdies are only cliques if they don't want anyone else to join.
As far as I can see that's not the case, anyone can just post if they want too.

MrGin Thu 15-Sep-11 14:52:49

They've been very welcoming whenever I've dropped into their threads. I like them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now