Talk

Advanced search

What became of the thread about

(23 Posts)
JimmyChooChoo Thu 15-Sep-11 12:12:13

..the woman writing about her best friend.She had a new rich boyfriend who bought her new teeth veneers and she had her teeth filed down to sharp horrible stubs and then he went awol refusing to pay for the veneers?Does anyone remember that thread?Just wondered what happened to that poor woman..

QueenofJacksDreams Thu 15-Sep-11 12:21:06

I remeber that thread, he dumped her right before the veneers appointment if I remeber correctly and a lot of MN'ers were wondering if he could of been evil enough to plan it from the beginning of the relationship. I have no idea what happened though. Hope it got sorted for her at least as I remeber the Dentist was refusing any sort of payment plan for the veneers sad

Elderberries Thu 15-Sep-11 12:22:51

I remember the thread but don't know what happened. Sorry to not be much help.

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 12:23:40

YABU because you are not asking an AIBU question

Elderberries Thu 15-Sep-11 12:26:08

What is it with being the AIBU police Trillian? It's annoying to be honest.

manicbmc Thu 15-Sep-11 12:27:58

But the original thread the OP is asking about was in 'AIBU' and so this seems like a logical place to ask really.

itisnearlysummer Thu 15-Sep-11 12:30:49

Someone else asked about this recently. Didn't it turn out to be a load of bollox? I don't recall, I might be wrong.

festi Thu 15-Sep-11 12:35:09

trillian what is wrong with you? are you hoping for a job at the tower...your campaign is growing tiresome

OP you must put >>>>AIBU...to wonder what happened to this thread and can anyone tell me the out come?

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 12:36:42

Nothing's wrong with me, I'm fine, thanks for asking smile

festi Thu 15-Sep-11 12:38:19

wink good good!!! but why are you pulling everyone up on the correct use of AIBU?

AgentZigzag Thu 15-Sep-11 12:40:11

I think she managed to get a payment plan to get her teeth finished.

Agree on thread police getting to be a bit of a power game and nothing to do with the threads at all.

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 12:41:49

1 - AIBU is fighty, if someone is upset or says "please be gentle with me" they will get a much nicer response if they are posting in a more appropriate topic.

2 - We have a lot of sections that were once requested but now are very quiet. This is a vicious circle: the more people post things in AIBU that should be in another topic, the quieter the other topics will get, and the more people will post in AIBU because the other topics get no traffic, so there is nothing being posted in those topics, so no-one posts there, etc etc.

3 - Some people seem genuinely unaware that there is, for example, a Movie Reviews topic.

AgentZigzag Thu 15-Sep-11 12:45:09

Blah blah blah trillian, stop spamming the boards with the pedantic nonsense, start picking people up on calling other posters cunts or something worthwhile.

Why waste so much of your time on this crap?

Elderberries Thu 15-Sep-11 12:45:13

I see what you are saying Trillian. It is annoying to go to other areas and post something and have had no response some hours later. Perhaps we need some pruning of areas as well to focus those people outside of AIBU into fewer places.

I'm not sure your approach is going to work.

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 12:49:34

stop spamming the boards with the pedantic nonsense

If you think it's spam report it.

If you think it's pedantic or nonsense I'm afraid there's no rule against that.

PrincessFiorimonde Thu 15-Sep-11 12:55:49

I think the OP's friend agreed a payment plan with the dentist, but then the boyfriend reappeared and agreed to pay after all. OP's friend resumed relationship with boyfriend; OP washed her hands of her, saying the guy was bound to do something else horrible and friend was daft if she couldn't see that.

AgentZigzag Thu 15-Sep-11 12:56:30

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you and how you've become obsessed with such a worthless idea.

It doesn't help anyone, you're spending your time repeating the same thing on so many threads, that, unless you're spending 24 hours a day on MN, you must have ditched any support or advice you were previously giving to keep trying to tell other posters how you think they should be using MN.

Why don't you answer those thread that aren't getting any replies instead of banging on here?

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 12:58:21

aw princess a modern day Cinderella and Prince Charming happy ending. grin

ShowMeTheMonet Thu 15-Sep-11 13:00:16

I asked MNHQ to move a thread t'other day as it wasn't at all in the right section and got the reply (paraphrasing here) "We ain't bovvered".

It's the only time I've ever shown such pedantic tendencies and taught me a lesson.

Insomnia11 Thu 15-Sep-11 13:06:51

Anyway, what happened to the poor woman, that's what I want to know.

AgentZigzag Thu 15-Sep-11 13:08:58

PrincessF's just outlined the kind of Happily Ever After ending Insomnia.

QueenofJacksDreams Thu 15-Sep-11 13:10:37

Trillian shouldn't you move your complaints to Pedants corner? smile

CoffeeIsMyFriend Thu 15-Sep-11 13:29:18

yes, but I want it straight from the horses mouth agent OP of original thread, where for art thou?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now