Talk

Advanced search

To have a sleep instead of doing housework?

(19 Posts)
MagicFingerGoesPop Thu 15-Sep-11 10:11:09

Both older DCs at school full time now. Youngest DC is unexpectedly napping. Need to do housework, but very tired and stressed at the moment so feel like I could just fall asleep. Youngest doesnt sleep well at night and I havent had a full nights sleep in about 18mths. Very very stressful event happening next week that I am being a bit of an ostrich about, but it is all starting to go pear shaped this morning and I just want the world to stop for a minute so I can catch up. I would set my alarm, obviously, as youngest is due at playgroup this afternoon. Not that I think dc will sleep that long. Fell asleep in the buggy on the school run so will curl up on the couch with the buggy next to me so I would hear any waking. But even just an hour would be bliss. But then there is the guilt....

Sookeh Thu 15-Sep-11 10:11:59

YADNBU

The housework will still be there when you wake up. Get some sleep smile

MagicFingerGoesPop Thu 15-Sep-11 10:12:32

Feel so guilty even thinking about it. Need to do the house. But so so so so very tired. And I am mucking around on here procrastinating as I have no motivation to do it anyway due to tiredness. But it is so naughty!

Elderberries Thu 15-Sep-11 10:13:04

Sleeeeeeep....

MagicFingerGoesPop Thu 15-Sep-11 10:13:18

xpost. Thank you. I think I just need someone to give me 'permission' and tell me that it is actually ok to do it. IYSWIM?

AuntieMonica Thu 15-Sep-11 10:13:25

it's not naughty to have sleep if you're tired!

get off MN and get your head down, see you later

smile

YouHaveNoPowerOverMe Thu 15-Sep-11 10:14:21

Sleep woman.

Housework can wait!

MagicFingerGoesPop Thu 15-Sep-11 10:15:30

ok thats 4-0. I think I will go now before all the 'working' people come and tell me I am a lazy slattern who should get a job! (I have an evening one, btw!!) grin

freybean Thu 15-Sep-11 10:23:29

sod the guilt woman

go to bed!!!!

TotemPole Thu 15-Sep-11 10:27:55

Have a sleep.

alana39 Thu 15-Sep-11 10:29:05

You have my permission if that helps smile

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 15-Sep-11 11:20:37

I had a sleepy yesterday morning when dd napped and i should have been working on my thesis and preparing for a 3 hour lesson i'm teaching tomorrow!

Sometimes you just have to give in to it....

Badtasteflump Thu 15-Sep-11 11:24:12

BOO!

starfishmummy Thu 15-Sep-11 11:58:22

Hope the op is asleep now!

Atwaroverscrabble Thu 15-Sep-11 12:18:45

I wish i was but i can't be slack 2 days in a row! grin

follygirl Thu 15-Sep-11 12:22:14

Get some sleep!!!! smile

spiderslegs Thu 15-Sep-11 12:36:31

I used to have a lovely snooze for about an hour and a half every day when mine were young, in bed and everything.

Them were the days.

Mind you, I am a lazy slattern.

JajasWolef Thu 15-Sep-11 12:39:24

Hope you slept ok OP? I did it yesterday as had crap nights sleep, I was then able to function properly for the rest of the day and out in the evening. If you are feeling sick with exhaustion you are no good to either man nor beast.

MagicFingerGoesPop Thu 15-Sep-11 12:42:45

Thanks all. Got about 40 mins, so that helped greatly! Have run around getting as much done as possible and am now off to playgroup!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now