Talk

Advanced search

to be mightily pissed off with Domestic and General..............

(14 Posts)
LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 09:54:56

My ds is autistic and loves watching dvds when he is at home at the weekends. When the warranty ran out i took out extended warranty. (He is quite clumsy with things) Previously when things have gone wrong D and G have sent out a local company to repair it. (Local office fifteen minutes away)
Fast forward to last night when i went to watch something it wouldnt work. When i rang up D and G they told me to phone a company in Blackpool shock When i rang the company in Blackpool they told me i had to send the dvd player by courier to them!!! I am so angry!!!! I have now taken matters into my own hands. The warranty was for £35 a quarter and it covered an old tv which i dont have any more and a video player which isnt used much either as well as the dvd player. I have now arranged to rent a dvd player for £2.50 for the first six months and then £5 a month. It is a lot less than the warranty. I had great delight in ringing D and G and telling them to cancel my policy!!!

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 09:56:21

Forgot to say in my OP im in Suffolk (in relation to the repairer being in Blackpool!!)

ALovelyBunchOfCoconuts Thu 15-Sep-11 10:01:35

YABU for paying £35 a quarter to cover products you don't own anymore and then to complain about how much you pay.

5ofus Thu 15-Sep-11 10:24:28

You can buy a DVD player for £25 from Argos - why would you rent one?

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 11:12:50

If i rent one and it goes wrong, i dont have to pay for the repairs etc and they come for free and dont charge call out!!

WeShouldOpenABar Thu 15-Sep-11 11:15:11

your being a bit silly now if you buy the cheapest dvd player in argos, 19.97 it would have to be replaced 7 times in the year before it was more expensive then that warranty

HeadfirstForHalos Thu 15-Sep-11 11:15:41

Our dvd player was £15 from Tesco, I don't get why anyone would rent confused

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 11:17:54

Ive cancelled the warranty!

creamola Thu 15-Sep-11 12:22:21

lottie where about in the country are you?

I have two old but working dvd's sitting doing nothing in a cupboard.

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 13:42:27

Thanks Creamola, i think im sorted now!!! I really appreciate the offer........smile

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 16:35:53

Problem solved!!! My next door neighbours son has fixed the dvd player. It was all to do with the set top box,,,,,,,,,,,confused

FabbyChic Thu 15-Sep-11 18:36:40

You can buy DVD players for 11 quid on eBay.

I've had mine a year. So if it gets fucked after a year I just replace it with a new one.

Kayano Thu 15-Sep-11 18:38:34

I'm shocked at how much money you were/ are wasting!

LottieJenkins Thu 15-Sep-11 20:22:45

Kayano...........so am i which is why i cancelled it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now