Talk

Advanced search

to insist that smelly DP has a shower after work???

(25 Posts)
buterflies Wed 14-Sep-11 20:52:39

My partner does a outdoor manual job 8 til 5 mon to fri and quite frankly when he gets in he smells, particularly his feet.

I understand that his working day is long he is out the door at 7 and not back til 6 but surely having a shower when he comes in isnt a chore?

I wonder what everyone will say, hopefully you will agree with me and I can show him this thread.

dribbleface Wed 14-Sep-11 20:58:22

My Dh is the same and if he doesn't shower i ask him to at least wash his feet and change his socks.

dribbleface Wed 14-Sep-11 20:58:57

and obviously shower before bed!

RedOnion Wed 14-Sep-11 21:02:25

Well m'dear, a REAL woman would have a supply of wet wipes ready for when his manly form bursts through the door.

You could be wiping him down whilst his tea is bubbing away on the stove.

grin

Nevercan Wed 14-Sep-11 21:08:20

A shower only takes five minutes and surely he will feel refreshed. No one wants to sit next to a stinker lol.

reelingintheyears Wed 14-Sep-11 21:10:27

You could have a nice relaxing radox bath waiting for him and then,once you've scrubbed his back and dried his fragrant feet serve up his freshly cooked dinner.

reelingintheyears Wed 14-Sep-11 21:10:54

Any good wife would do it.

nocake Wed 14-Sep-11 21:12:24

I used to date a girl who was a nurse. I can't remember which area of the hospital she worked in but she was pretty smelly by the end of the day so it was straight in the shower when she got home.

RedOnion Wed 14-Sep-11 21:13:26

reelingintheyears has got it nailed. I clearly need to brush up on my wifely skills.

<wanders off muttering I knew there was a reason I didn't have a ring on my finger>

hadagutsfull Wed 14-Sep-11 21:13:49

DH does manual work and, like yours, is pretty smelly at the end of the day! He always showers or baths when he gets in or at the very least has a wash. Tell him he won't be allowed in the bed till he's squeaky clean and fresh!

Shutupanddrive Wed 14-Sep-11 21:14:56

YANBU tell him he stinks and he's not getting in bed with you unless he has had a shower

reelingintheyears Wed 14-Sep-11 21:16:21

RedOnion

I do wear lots of Cath Kidston y'know and bake my own bread and

I am a liar!

peeriebear Wed 14-Sep-11 21:17:38

DH is the same. I know he's tired when he comes in but his feet reek. I tend to hint that he'll feel better after a shower but often have to just say "DH, your feet hum, please wash now rather than later!" The way I see it, he wouldn't be so inconsiderate as to sit with dogshit on his shoes so how is having rank feet any different?

RedOnion Wed 14-Sep-11 21:18:07

I should bloody well think you bake your own bread. You are, after all, a woman. Tut tut.

Now get off the internet and make my packed lunch for tomorrow.

RedOnion Wed 14-Sep-11 21:18:30

(and top up my wine whilst you are up)

RedOnion Wed 14-Sep-11 21:19:02

lazy caaaaah

buterflies Wed 14-Sep-11 21:21:01

lol @ redonion obviously I have a lot to learn about men.

buterflies Wed 14-Sep-11 21:22:22

reelingin no way am I going near those feet, washed or not. Urgh!

izzywhizzyletsgetbusy Wed 14-Sep-11 21:32:31

Surely you should have a tin bath full of kettle-filled hot water in front of fire ready and waiting for when he comes back from t'pit?

When he's in bath, serve his high tea on a wooden tray with t'evening paper while you boil his dirty keks in t'copper, put them through the mangle, and leave to dry by the open range.

The steam'll do wonders for your complexion.

fatlazymummy Wed 14-Sep-11 22:00:35

You surely don't expect hubby to wash himself after a hard day at work? Don't you realise you should wash every inch of him yourself using your own body, then massage him with baby oil, cut his toe nails and clean his ears with cotton buds.
It's what any loving wife would do.

buterflies Thu 15-Sep-11 08:09:21

He he cant show him this thread now can I, he already expects tea on table and time to himself after a hard days work.

Dont think he realises it is all gonna change once baby number 2 is here and I am sleeping when baby sleeps and if that means he doesnt get a back scrub well.... tough luck

fanjobanjowanjo Thu 15-Sep-11 09:13:15

Haha lol YANBU I always say to DP "you stink, have a wash!" No bother.

TrillianAstra Thu 15-Sep-11 09:26:57

I am so glad that DP actually likes to be clean.

alldaysleeper Thu 15-Sep-11 09:28:11

My DH works long night shifts and when he comes home in the morning he's loathe to even come and give me a hug and kiss until he's had a shower, he says he feels so much better for it, plus he'll even bring me a cuppa in bed afterwards grin

maybells Thu 15-Sep-11 09:38:20

my oh does a manual job and when he gets in he stinks its quite offensive. i just tell him you reek sort yourself out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now